Finding the temp forum

How do you find the temp area on a new thread.

I was trying to make a post but when I searched for temp forum there is none showing up. Here’s a picture.

New ordinary threads are not supposed to be posted to Temp. Try to find an appropriate sub-forum.
Regulars can make one in Temp, if they explain why it should be there and not elsewhere. e.g. don’t want the tread to be around forever.

1 Like

Again, I cannot find a rule for that. As @olm asserted earlier, it’s naughty, but when @maoman was in control, it was considered good etiquette to start your garbage in Temp to save the moderators time and effort.
If rules have changed, please make them official.
We’ve got certain mods going “Blah! You can’t question our decisions in public!”
And others going “Blah! Don’t start posts on Temp!”

I’ve gone through the rules (I helped make them, actually), and don’t see anything pertaining to these supposed “rules”.

It is shown when making a thread in Temp for people who are able to do so (Regulars)

Some posters started creating ordinary threads in temp, taking time from mods who have to move it out of there.

The rules are designed to help the moderators moderate the forums. From time to time, some rules may seem antiquated, or new rules may need to be considered that reflect the reality of moderating on Forumosa.
8.07. Amending the rules. | Forum Rules

Some Categories like Temp or Forumosafieds can have additional rules. They are in the sticky thread or in the template when making a new thread.

1 Like

Very good. What constitutes an “ordinary post”?

So where do you move it to? “Flames”? Still the same amount of “work”.

To the appropriate category
https://tw.forumosa.com/categories

The problem is that threads are being created in temp which do not belong there.

New threads in Temporary Forum have been limited like this for over two years before someone noticed!

So what? If the OP wants them to disappear after a certain amount of time, that’s at their discretion, surely? If they want to be “helpful”, they can do that on Facebook or Twitter. If they’re just going “blah” and want it to be gone in a few weeks, that’s their choice, not yours.

When OP becomes regular, OP can do so.
Regular badge on Forumosa

That’s a bit fascist, but probably a built-in Discourse “feature”.

I would still like to know what constitutes an “ordinary post”.

Some of my finest work started in temp.

Getting something elevated out of temp… Now that’s a sight to behold.

1 Like

Sorry I don’t recall asserting that… but then, I am forgetful.

I asked for moderator actions not to be discussed in the forum though - and I agree with you that this doesn’t seem to be clearly stated in the rules.