Fine for not wearing a helmet?

It’s funny, once every year in Kaohsiung I’d get a helmet stolen. Literally once a year.
Taichung never once.

1 Like

Is that so? Quite interesting. It immediately frustrates the police if you say you’re not carrying your ID. They have to do ten times the work to fine you. Today, I watched as two police officers tried to establish my ID number from other information like my name and address, and they couldn’t do it! Maybe because it was Sunday, who knows. They eventually gave up and let me go with a verbal warning, which is how it usually goes.

I’m not an advocate of not wearing a helmet, by the way, although I’m personally against the mandatory wearing of crash helmets on principle unless its children. Seems the law on this is being implemented more strictly these days. Probably a good thing.

It keeps the strain off the NHI, due to less crushed skulls.

1 Like

Hopefully, natural selection will take care of this… eventually…

1 Like

Guys like you gives a good reputation to other foreigners.

Use a damn helmet and show your ID, and pay the penalty fee if you have any. If you cannot comply with these basic requirements, please take a bus.

Being a good citizen is the minimum we can do here in this country that have received us.

3 Likes

Happened to me one time. My helmet was stolen. They caught me while going home They sent me a nice photograph in the mail. 500 NT it is. Payable at 7 Eleven.

By the way getting tickets are fun. If you’re not home they leave you a very nice and big pink card taped to your mailbox.
From there you have to go to the post office with your identification and stamp to claim your ticket.
You know you have a ticket before you even turn into your street.
Wear a helmet. I don’t care if you have helmet hair, at least you got hair.