Fingerprints

Is there a place other than NIA to get fingerprints done? (I tried a police station already.)

NIA has me roll my own fingerprints and were not concerned about the quality. I don’t have time to have my fingerprints get rejected due to poor quality.

Two staff members told me they “cannot” help me with the prints.

Is there a third party accredited agency around? I’m happy to pay. Thanks in advance.

If it’s a foreign government requesting the prints, ask them for advice. They may have a list of locations. :idunno:

Before going to NIA, I asked the Canadian Office in Taipei where to get fingerprints done and they pointed me to NIA. If they know of other agencies, unfortunately I cannot find out because they don’t pick up their phone and I would need to take a day off work to go there just to ask.

That’s why I’m asking here. :slight_smile: If you have such a list, I’d me grateful.

Are you sure that Taipei NIA has you roll your own? Did you still have to pay to get them done there? When I went to the NIA in Kaohsiung there was a friendly old man who told me what to do (in simple Chinese) as he rolled them for me

Just make sure that you print the form out on nice stock paper (I went to a paper shop and they were able to take care of this for me). I also ended up doing 3 at the same time just to make sure that if one had issues I wouldn’t have to go back (I think they were $100NT each?). I had no issues sending them into the FBI

2 Likes

@justinram11 Yes, I’m sure. I’m glad your experience was better. 3 staff members told me firmly. Whether they were fulfilling their job duties is another story, but like I said, I was there an hour and a half. So, I’m sure and I’m looking for somewhere else to go.

Hi. I’m Canadian. I had my prints taken at the NIA. RCMP accepted my prints for a background check.

1 Like

@Marco Unfortunately, my experience was not positive like yours. I’m still looking for a company where I can pay. I’m certain many people had an okay experience but I already spent a lot of time/money there and got yelled at by them. I don’t want to take a day off work to experience that again. My fingerprints are not good quality.

1 Like

How bad were your prints when you tried it yourself? I had this done at the Taipei office ~6 months ago and they helped me out, maybe out of pity or exasperation after I made a small mess trying a practice print on another paper. Downside: it cost 100NT plus a Dri-Fit shirt (that ink really is permanent)

The thick paper option at the 7-11 printer works OK too.

Been told off for making off topic post, so I will try and be productive today :wink: it depends on who and what you need them for. Different organisations have different criteria that need to be met, you really need to ask the people who what your fingerprints. They will give you a list of acceptable places to get them done, and if you really don’t want to go back to to Taipei NIA, have a trip to Kaohsiung at the weekend stay overnight get them done first thing Monday morning, get the high speed train back to work for the afternoon.

Any new updates regarding getting quality fingerprints in Taiwan?

The RCMP website doesn’t give a downloadable fingerprint template like they do on the FBI website: https://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/steps-getting-a-certified-criminal-record-check

For Canadians, did you create your own template or just get the officer to write in the required info? The RCMP website says this info is needed:

• name and address of the authorized agency that you visited
  • signature and name of the official who took your fingerprints

Here are the forms. https://canadianforensicservices.com/download-forms/

I’d suggest using a service like this also. I have used CII Fingerprinting and they were great. The staff member I spoke with was knowledgeable about Taiwan.

To get it to the paper the right size (legal paper) I printed on A3 paper and cut it down to get the correct dimensions. (It took some fine tuning so I suggest making extra copies once you get the size right in case you make mistakes fingerprinting. I was unable to find legal paper in Taiwan but maybe there’s a place.)

Get fingerprints at immigration, but be prepared to do this part yourself while they supervise.

Upon looking closer, I think maybe the forms have changed since my experience was a few years ago. I’d get in touch with these folks. They’ll send you what you need and submit your prints electronically. Digital and Electronic Fingerprints – CII Fingerprinting Services Inc.

1 Like

Ah OK got it, so basically find an accredited Canadian fingerprint company first and get them to give you the fingerprint form

@jimbob132 I am wondering how your RCMP check went? Did you use a company? How long did it take once you sent it in? Any updates would be appreciated.

Yeah you could use this company: https://maps.app.goo.gl/ZCdmAR5ouHsczzhp8?g_st=ic

If you plan to go in person to Toronto then you can do it faster that way. Otherwise they can send you the form to use for collecting fingerprints in Taiwan. I haven’t tried doing it remotely.

I followed some online guide, let me see if I can find it