Fired from dole for not prostituting?!

I wouldn’t see why not. I doubt that there is a specific phrase that limits these rules to female prostitutes. Afaik, there is no specific law against male prostitution in Germany. So anything referring to employment in the sex trade would be gender-neutral and thus non-discriminating. I’d think…

The problem is, the new rules, Hartz IV (= official version IV of the original draft) are so complicated and the discussions about the whole thing so tiresome, that it’s hard to find short comprehensive and informative material. Besides, it took me ages to find the article I posted. And my husband hadn’t heard anything about it at all. Looks like this “be a prostitute or we will cut your benefit” thing is more of a topic on discussion boards around the world than in the German media. If it had had real implications so far, I’m sure there would have been much more of an outcry in German public.

Iris

Berlin was always more fun than Bangkok.

I suppose the nightmare scenario is some maniac hanging around outside the benefits office offering women money for sex. “Come on, love, ten euros for a quicky in my car, or I’ll tell the folks inside that you refused a job.”[/quote]

No, the nightmare is more like an increase in AIDS, unwanted children, child abuse, alcoholism, and drug use, as well as higher cervical cancer rates

Move along, folks, nothing to see here…

snopes.com/media/notnews/brothel.asp

Well, that’s good to know.

What do Sikhs have against tobacco?

A Mormon at Starbuck’s?