FIrefox 3.6.3 crashing like crazy

Anyone else having problems with Firefox 3.6.3 crashing? It seems to happen a lot when I do Google search, or click on an external link posted in the forums. Boom! All instances of browser disappear, and half the time I am able to recover. Sometimes the page that crashed the browser is recovered and it crashes again.

I use AdBlock Plus (the principal reason I use Firefox), but it has rarely caused problems in the past.

I’ve scanned my system for malware and viruses.

I use Windows XP.

I just tried disabling my Java Console, and tested out a couple problematic links, this time with no problems.

Problem completely solved? I’ll report back later.

I first experienced lots of crashes in 3.6.2 and then when 3.6.3 came out it crashed twice in the first 20 mins after installing. I gave up on Firefox (had been a Mozilla user since the pre-Firefox days) and now use Chrome all the time.

[quote=“Chris”]I just tried disabling my Java Console, and tested out a couple problematic links, this time with no problems.
[/quote]
I think about last week or so, Firefox gave me a warning that Java Console was causing stability issues and could also pose a security threat and suggested I allow it to disable it. I clicked yes. Only difference for me was that I wasn’t having any crash problems like yourself prior to that message/warning coming up.

Had same prob; well, no crashes, just everything slowed down to a bat-shit crawl.
Followed Firefox recommendation and disabled Java Console.
Works excellent now.

The “fix” is all over google.

A couple of weeks ago my firefox was doing the same thing. Don’t know what happened since but it’s stopped. I just downloaded Chrome.

i dont even use firefox now. Just chrome and when need to IE (some websites require IE).

Does Chrome have ad-blocking plug-ins?

I used Chrome briefly, but it spontaneously quit working. And it was too bare-bones for my needs at the time.

I haven’t had a single crash since disabling the Java Console (knock on wood).

I’ve got Chrome installed but I rarely use it, much like IE. Still fond of good old Firefox.

[quote=“Chris”]Does Chrome have ad-blocking plug-ins?

I used Chrome briefly, but it spontaneously quit working. And it was too bare-bones for my needs at the time.

I haven’t had a single crash since disabling the Java Console (knock on wood).[/quote]

There’s a bunch of Adblock ones available.

chrome.google.com/extensions/se … &q=adblock

WTF…IT’S Safari mate all the way?

you should know better…

I never really got into Safari. I have a copy I use for testing purposes when I upgrade my site but that’s all.

[quote=“digiboy”]WTF…IT’S Safari mate all the way?

you should know better…[/quote]
Safari, if you use a Mac. Otherwise Firefox is pretty much the consensus #1 browser. You should know better. :wink:

I read last week that Firefox implemented a semi-fix in a quick beta release, which basically lets java crash without doing the same to Firefox.