Firefox causing download speed problems

I swapped to the Nantou cable service from seednet and really like the digital channels. This service only just became available in my street recently. I was looking forward to the 1000k service.

Mozilla Firefox is allowing 80k downloads as tested on www.speedtest.net

Explorer allows 860k on www.speedtest.net

I swapped to the Nantou cable service from seednet and really like the digital channels on TV like

2 extra Discovery Channels.
Australian Network.
4 channels of naked strange Japanese sex with fuzzy bits over the operational parts. (I’d swap these for a history channel)

This service only just became available in my street recently. I was looking forward to the 1000k service.

She who speaks Chinese was talking to the engineer and could not get her mind around Explorer and Firefox and did a flip out so I had to talk to the engineer. So, my crappy Chinese and the English words Explorer and Firefox and the speeds on test certainly got a reaction but I could not understand it and my interpreting unit was in angry mode so would not help. So, do I just use explorer? I really like Firefox and recently loaded the spell checker. It’s pretty dumb and just puts little red dots under shpelling mistakes but is a huge help anyway.

I would not worry too much about a result from some speedtest webpage. Those are usually not reliable and there are too many variables that might influence the result, e.g. the website might be optimized for IE use, and not for Firefox. One thing to know for sure is to download a larger file from a server using Firefox and IE. Stop the time for both downloads, and if there is a significant difference between them, there might be something wrong with your Firefox installation.

Ironman -
Re: Firefox spellcheck - right click on the [color=red]red underlined words.[/color] That should bring up either the correct spelling or a “add to dictionary” choice. You can click on the correct spelling,or if you like it like it is, just click on ‘add it to dictionary’ and it becomes the default spelling for that word.

You might also DL an ‘ADD-ON’ extension called ‘Fasterfox.’
It will set your browser up for better speed.
I run Firefox v. 2.0 and its pretty quick now.