Firefox update now available

Firefox 1.0.1.
Also includes new security features.

Is is better than Safari? Are you a Mac user TC?
Anyone has tried it and feels it’s better? I’d like to know B4 I DL.

I removed the 1.0 version and installed this one. It stalled my computer for a bit but finally worked and it’s running. Thanks TC. I have to figure out how to actually do a spell check when I post yet but that’s what my appointment with miltownkid is for this afternoon.

Edit: btw, I’m meeting him at bob’s. The more people we can get, the cheaper it is. 1500$ per hour but only 2000$ for two students. He’s got a small white board set up and everything.

[quote=“igorveni”]Is is better than Safari? Are you a Mac user TC?
Anyone has tried it and feels it’s better? I’d like to know B4 I DL.[/quote]
Igorveni -
I use a PC. Firefox and its email client(program) Thunderbird, and these have worked excellently for me. I no longer use Internet Explorer or Outlook Express.
The security features alone make it worthwhile, but its entire package makes it a real pleasure to use.
It has a wide range of features and versions (“builds”) that add functionality and do not require a very high level of “geek-dom” Which I do not posess.
I use the build named ‘Curacao’ and it is great.

Hatch -
I did not remove 1.0.
I just dl’ed 1.0.1 and installed and it wrote right over 1.0 and everything went uninterrupted. No probs.
Good luck!

The only thing I still think Thunderbird is missing is schedule/calendar functionality. I tried the standalone calendar thing, Sunbird, but having it standalone reduces its usefulness substantially.

[quote=“TainanCowboy”][quote=“igorveni”]Is is better than Safari? Are you a Mac user TC?
Anyone has tried it and feels it’s better? I’d like to know B4 I DL.[/quote]
Igorveni -
I use a PC. Firefox and its email client(program) Thunderbird, and these have worked excellently for me. I no longer use Internet Explorer or Outlook Express.
The security features alone make it worthwhile, but its entire package makes it a real pleasure to use.
It has a wide range of features and versions (“builds”) that add functionality and do not require a very high level of “geek-dom” Which I do not posess.
I use the build named ‘Curacao’ and it is great.[/quote]
Thanks.

You’re right, that’s a big deal. In fact, it’s really the only reason to keep Explorer/Outlook around; scheduling through Outlook is so sweet.

But if I could dump MS altogether I’d do it in a minute. (I’m writing this on a Mac at home, in fact)

Does Opera have the schedule/calendar functionality? If not, is there another browser that can simulate this functionality at a level approaching that of MS?