First ever Christmas far from the Philippines

In my 8months here in taiwan I thought Im okay, but now suddenly I missed my country. :sob::cry::sob:

4 Likes

How do you guys celebrate Christmas?

Maligayang Pasko!
It’s hard when you’re in a place that doesn’t have much celebration. FB or Skype call your family if you can.

3 Likes

And have a traditional Christmas the best you can. I’m working tomorrow, so we had roast goose last Saturday.

It’s not the same, but it’s still good.

1 Like

If you are a Christian go to one of the churches and have a good old sing song of the christmas carols - you don’t have to be religious to enjoy a good sing-a-long I love going and I am an atheist. They always make you feel welcome

2 Likes

I just had a nice sing in Carrefour, they were playing Jingle Bells with new lyrics “Jesus Christ, Jesus Christ, come to save us all…”

2 Likes

Yes, thankyou. Godbless you.

The whole family gathered together with foods and exchanging gifts.

1 Like

Yeah, we all miss that. You just have to create similar in Taiwan.

3 Likes

Noche Buena …It’s a hard one I know especially the first time you aren’t there with family.

@Elle
Sending Christmas love and cheer your way! We’re all here for you!

1 Like

When living a life in a new country, friends become your family. Reach out, get close with those who mesh well with you and it will be easier :slight_smile: it gets easier!

Have a great day today!

4 Likes

You’re probably just missing your family. Do you have some friends to hang out with?

If you want to recreate the atmosphere, hire a KTV system with a minimum of 1000W amplification, and then recruit a couple of drunks from Shi Men Ding to sing Christmas songs so badly that they’re completely unrecognisable. For added effect, arrange for the drunks to get into an argument over the song lyrics and start attacking each other with bolos.

Joke lang :slight_smile:

Kabayan :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Don’t worry you will get over it remember we need to work di ba for “family”.

I-tulog mo lang yan the next day work ulit :grin:

hahaha ganon nga po ginawa ko. at ngaun work ulit. :joy:

Lucky you’re here. A Christmas typhoon doesn’t sound fun.

1 Like