🏈 American Football - NCAA | First female football player in NCAA power 5 conference

Please don’t make sexist, female objectification comments about how hot she is. Thanks!

2 Likes

I watched a news piece on NBC Nightly News yesterday and they showed her kicking field goals. Great form and will definitely be an asset to any team.

Becca Longo is also another awesome college ball kicker. Got her start in high school.

Caitlyn Cox drilled a 42 yard field goal during a high school game.

And there are many others, too.

Top 10 Greatest Female Kickers In High School Football History

Good for women, good for football.

1 Like

About the only position they could fill, though. Most, if not all, women aren’t big or strong enough for the NFL (most men aren’t, either, but even more so for women).
If there ever is a woman position player, I’d put it in soccer. Rugby, football, strength problems; basketball, height; baseball, arm/shoulder structure issues.

Most sports are made for men.

We can easily invent sports that women are better at, e.g. require more depth perception, etc.

1 Like

But men are better at that no? Like darts and pool, the best are male and they don’t require huge physical strength and size is irrelevant.

1 Like

I think I read it in an interview with David Epstein who wrote The Sports Gene.

It may be peripheral vision I’m thinking of.

This was an epic fail of a stunt.

Really? You just got there and thought you can make a half time speech telling them they needed more energy? :roll_eyes:

After reading about her actual ability, she didn’t deserve the spot. She couldn’t make a 35 years field goal in practice and they still gave her a spot. Wtf? Kids in HS mess around and can make that kick. If there was ever going to be a competent female player, she just held them back.

Nah, I think crying in pain like a baby after a phantom foul, I think men have covered that one too.

1 Like

10x worse in the men’s game tbh. They say women have a higher pain tolerance, so maybe true.

This did make me chuckle…not because she is a she, but it takes some pretty low EQ/SQ to think that’s ok, especially as someone who’s been playing team sports at a high level.

1 Like

Darts players have huge forearms or is that from drinking too many pints of beer :wink:

1 Like

a) There’s not enough money in the women’s game to make it worth while.
b) Wouldn’t be surprised if there’s more of a stigma in the women’s game. They would try to avoid the “girls are always crying” thing.

The women’s game and women’s sports seem to have some very different “rules” they play with.

For example, US women’s soccer team didn’t seem to know it was a problem to celebrate up 3+ goals against a clearly inferior team.

Words would be had if you did this in the men’s game. Probably get physical at some point as well.

2 Likes

That is just…I don’t have words to describe it.

That’s nothing to do with the gender, just that particular group of people, and probably the blame should go to the coaching staff too. There will be tons of examples where female soccer teams are respectful to their opponents.

2 Likes

Idk what they were thinking. The Thai team basically work part time playing because they don’t get paid very much and it’s their first time. They seem to be oblivious to how disrespectful it was and blamed their criticism on sexism and how men wouldn’t be criticized which is complete BS.

This is considering they are the greatest female team ever playing a pro am team.

1 Like

Hey, when I played soccer we once beat an opposing team 10-0. Watch NCAA football and a lot of it is powerhouse teams deliberately scheduling against pushovers to inflate their records and make them eligible for bowls.
New Zealand All-Blacks once beat Japan 100-0.
As one coach said “They stop trying to get points against us, we’ll stop trying to get points against them.”

1 Like

I’m not talking about running up scores. They should absolutely run up the score since it counts towards the tournament.

There was just no need to celebrate in such a ridiculous way after you go up 9 goals. That’s just taunting at that point.

Both males and females can act badly after they have run up the score. Mostly males.

And they’re rightly criticized for it if it’s not already handled by the players “policing” themselves. It was a ridiculous deflection on the women’s team to say it was sexist to criticize and men wouldn’t be criticized for the same thing. They absolutely would, and rightly so.