First human clone--Eve

Which ones, may I ask?

I appreciate the sarcasm - you nicely expose the absurdities of the Huxley / Gattaca scaremongering…

Oh, the whole “alien’s created life on earth thing”. Afterall, that’s what I am. :wink:

I was just taking some time out of my busy schedule…
and while browsing the Clonaid web site, found that they offer other “services.”

CLONAID

alien:

what kind of seminar was it, and who sponsored it? The Raelians themselves? What a kooky kult if ever there was one. It is really just a free sex New Age cult run by a totally nutcase Frenchman who calls himself Rael but I think he really means REAL… Watch this cult self-destruct in the coming months as the truth comes out about their sexual orgies and what not. Total New Age bullsheet.

But I didn’t know they ran a seminar here recently. According to the Chinese langauge media here, I think it was the United Daily News, these guys have a Taiwan branch office in Kaohsiung run by a TV producer down there and he claims there are 400 members islandwide! Hard to believe. His name is Jimmie Yang or Wang. He told the papers he likes REAL because they have high IQ interests and something he calls sensual meditation. Give me a break, Jimmie Wang! That’s jsut a code word for sexual origes. I saw the pics on TV yesterday. In Quebec, they have these free for all love-ins, genders and gender benders allowed, and Mr REAL is the real master manipulator. Another Heaven’s Gate in the making, watch!

Meanwhile, regarding the clone baby Eve, let’s wait and see. If they really did it, yes, brave new world is here! Wow. And is Adam next? And is Snake number 3? O God!

Alien wrote: “THEY WERE IN TAIWAN (somewhere around Taoyuan) about three weeks ago for a two day seminar. If I’d known sooner, I really would have liked to have attended just out of morbid curiosity.”

Me, too. What’s weird about this Claude guy, the master manipulator in the white ballet outfit, REAL is his REALian name … is that he says aliens came to Earthville millions of years ago to start life, and these ETs are called ELOHIM in his mystery cult language. Well, I just looked it up and ELOHIM is the plural of the Hebrew word for “god” …or “gods” …and the Jews call their Mono-god by that name too, even today, when they worship.

AND this space cadet Claude Man wears a huge star of David around his neck, too, which is also a Jewish symbol of Isael, two triangles.

So is the REAL man trying to infer that the ELOHIM are Abraham’s forefathers? Could be another Jewish plot to unstable the world. Just kidding. This Claude Guy is 100% French Catholic, with a New Age pedigree.

He also says on his website that the world will end on 2035. How does he know?

My conclusion is this: the baby was not cloned, it’s a hoax, and a major PR ploy by REAL to get his name spread around the world to recruit more people … that’s all. It is a made for media manipulation makeover. The guy is a genius. He should start a cult. Hey, wait a minute, he already has!

:unamused:
Oy, what kind of mishigas is that?

The Raelians’ quirky (apologies to Quirky here) Web site (www.rael.org) which greets visitors with a flash film depicting a sombrero-shaped flying saucer speeding around the Earth – accessible in 17 languages, including Mandarin, Farsi, Swedish, and Slovenian. …

and this: “They “love-bomb” visiting journalists with beautiful women.” Oh cool, send them over here!

The Raelians have two divinely-appointed aims: first, to “spread the message” (the glad tidings that humanity was created from the DNA of superior extraterrestrial alien scientists, or “Elohim”); and second, to “build the Embassy” (welcome Our Creators to earth in around 2035).

Unlike many new religious movements, which perceive media attention as an annoyance and even a catastrophe, the Raelians plan annual media campaigns, send out press releases, and hold theatrical press conferences. They “love-bomb” visiting journalists with beautiful women. That some of their projects have turned out to be little more than public announcements matters little to them.

ALL ABOUT EVE: ‘SEX ORGY SECRETS’ OF THE BABY CLONE CULT REVEALED BY PAPER…

trincoll.edu/depts/csrpl/RINVol4No2/Rael.htm

this site tells the real rael story. u wont believe it! WOW: sex crazed lolita nudist fascists!

last footnote and then it’s off to pre New Year’s dinner of white rice and taro.Thanks, honey:

"According to the Raelians, their movement began in 1973 when Claude Vorilhon, the editor of a small racing-car magazine, went hiking along a volcano in France and encountered a flying saucer. Inside, a short, green-skinned extra-terrestrial explained that humanity had been created through DNA technology.

The extraterrestrials took Mr. Vorilhon, who now calls himself Rael, to their planet, where female robots attended to all his needs. There he met Jesus, Mohammed, Buddha and Moses, whom he learned had been sent by the aliens to Earth.

Rael was the last on this exclusive list – chosen to prepare for the second coming of the outer-space travellers.

Mr. Vorilhon has worked tirelessly to spread his message, which includes fucking as many young women as he can, sexual liberation for the masses, among other beliefs. The group claims to have about 50,000 followers worldwide, of whom about a tenth are active. The movement’s more sizable followings are in Quebec, Canada, French-speaking European countries and Japan.

JAPAN? Go figure.

wow, maybe his name RAEL comes from last four letters of ISRAEL?

The following is an e-mail someangry anitcult person sent on 10-22-2002 to Claude Vorilhon (“Rael”), the head of the Raelian movement. I found it on the Internet today. Curiouser and curiouser i say…

Dear Claude Vorilhon:

(Please forgive me for calling you by your real name, but I simply cannot bring myself to call you Rael, which supposedly means “The True Face of God”. Did you get your new name from the word “Israel” perhaps, since “Israel” means “who prevails with God”?

The reason I ask this is because you also acquired words (such as “Elohim” - as you call the aliens who supposedly created mankind; scripture passages; and even the name of the Jewish God, YHVH, from the Torah - who, of course just happens to the be “President” of your “Elohim” planet…)… TWO more pages follow…

it gets worse…Now RAEL claims, [it’s a lie, folks, more PR BS], that he was born on …

December 25, 1945.

Christmas Day. Ouch!

what the newspaper don’t tell us:

"The Raelians also have a creative, over-the-top approach to their social vision.

“The Elohim teach us that gender roles keep us from understanding our true selves, and therefore our creators,” explains Rael. “They are so evolved and enlightened that they have transcended gender barriers.” Sexual experimentation and gender play is encouraged. For example, Raelians throw a transgendered ball each year: “Men come dressing and acting like stereotypical women, and women come dressing and acting like men,” Rael explains. "

[quote=“formosa”]alien:

what kind of seminar was it, and who sponsored it? The Raelians themselves?[/quote]

Yeah. It was on their website back in early December under the seminar section in Chinese. It seems to have been deleted now. I thought about posting it the weekend I saw the announcement (which coincidentally was the exact weekend they were here), but I got distracted by my life.

Because the Taiwanese are so susceptable to cults, I reckon there were loads of zoingers in attendance.

Oh, and you must know (speaking of cults) there’s a chapter of the Scientologists in residence on Chungshan N. Road Section 2.
I took their personality test and it showed that I was bipolar and I MUST seek their guidance in order to live a better life.
With all these cults believing in alien life forms, there must be some foundation to it all, eh?

alien: oh mi god, the Scientologists are here too??? Oh shoot! I will not go to see a Tom Cruise film anymore just because of them. Another Ron l Hubbard Cult group.

Be careful, they put snakes in the mailboxes of their critics in Germany.

Ouch.

Yes, Alien, there IS something to all this. I will spell it out for you: S T U P I D I T Y , oh, and gullibility and insecurity and emptiness in the soul and 55 other Heinz ingredients.

The one good (and real) alien is you. Keep up the good work and keep us informed…

I’ve done one of their personality tests… :smiley:

My little sheet was fed into a small blue ‘machine’, and out popped the results, in the form of graphs and a set of paragraphs resembling one of those composite responses you get from internet star sign readings. As I sat there listening quietly and patiently, I was told that I had trouble concentrating, didn’t listen to what other people were saying, didn’t like to be challenged, got angry easily, was violent, prone to schizophrenia, unstable, hated parents, small penis etc… and so I asked the fat, sweaty scientologist if after observing my behaviour he honestly believed the test results were accurate. He said yes… the computer program came from ‘Oxford’ University and was very sophisticated. I thanked him for his time, told him that I’d be happy to come back and hear more about this extrordinary Dianetics business, and shook his clammy hand… he flashed me a self-righteous smile, and said goodbye.

(I think he though he had a calming influence over me, because any normal schizophrenic, unreasonable, parent-hating, insufficiently-endowed, insecure, violent lunatic would have beat the shit out of someone if they told them that they were one). :smiling_imp:

Fair enough though, I lied on the test, so that’s not proof of anything… except that scientologists are stoooopid. :wink:

-Dave :smiley:

I wonder if the baby was born in Taiwan.

J.

I saw this guy RAEL on CNN recently. I laughed when I saw Elohim. It reminds me of those guys the Eloi from Jules Verne and I know that it is also something from the bible. Is there a character from the Lord of the Rings with this name or a variation, it sure sounds familiar. Isn’t it odd the way these cults are so often formed by single men who are going nowhere fast in their careers at certain times in their lives.

Apart from looking like he walked out of Saturday Night Fever he admitted that the first clones would likely be ‘imperfect’ and compared that to the fact the open heart surgery and liver transplants were ‘imperfect’ when they started, it was a stage to go throught to get to ‘perfection’. The Realians want to clone people because the believe immortality will be attainable by downloading their consciousness into new cloned vehicles everytime they wear out their body. While this idea MAY be possible in a hundred years depending on advances in computers it’s not going to be possible for the next 50 anyway.

The first clones are damned either way. They will have a very strong chance of harbouring genetic defects…to read more about potential defects look at Taiwan’s very own first cloned calves
taipeitimes.com/News/archive … 0000102008
I myself am a clone…an identical twin…I hope the artificial clones will be treat with the same respect that a natural clone has (it isn’t easy being a natural ‘clone’ either growing up, as any identical twin will tell you, God knows what it would be like for them)

Further down in the article
‘According to Wang, nearly 70 percent of cloned animals are born without deformities, but the first week of life is always the most critical period’

Leaving a startling 30% born with congenital abnomalities. For each clone calf it usually takes hundreds of original embryos. If the Raelians have as many couples as they say are available (2500) then it is pretty much a surety that the first clone will appear sooner rather than later. The reasoning behind the previous announcements and then silence was probably due to spontaneous abortion/miscarriage of the child or misidentification of a clone for a naturally fertilised child.

Their scientists are very run of the mill but actually it just takes good technicians, experience, very good equipment and bucketloads of money for the expensive equipment and eggs and a lot of desperate people wanting cloned children. Whether they have a clone or not is debatable but it wouldn’t be due to their ‘amazing scientific insight or skill’.

If the child is born without deformity it is still in a bad way. What would it be like to be the first human clone. People will start religions following you. Many crazy people will want to kill you and think you are a monster. Your chance of coming to a bad end is probably high.
You won’t know will you die young or from some weird disease later on but the probablilty of some damage to your DNA and problems with premature aging is high, your DNA has not been fully ‘reset’ so your bodies cells are carrying around DNA which is basically more ‘frayed’ at the ends and prone to self destruction.

There are different ways to clone individuals. The most advanced and skilled enterprise in this area is Advanced Cell Technology, here is an article and links to explain more recent advances with hopefully less aging affects. This is a real company with mature technology in cloning and stem cells. It also has interesting discussions on using this for increased longetivity and explains the problems with ‘telomeres’ and fraying at the ends of DNA.
megafoundation.org/UltraHIQ/ … gevity.htm

You have ZERO chance of a normal life once people find out. You will probably have a parent who expects you to be somebody else. Your parent may well be very old or dead. If you want to have children normally it is unknown what will be the effects on your sperm or eggs or if you are infertile. Maybe these problems will be ‘ironed’ out in the future due to you being the ‘test case’ and ‘fundraising project’ for your crazy progenitors.
You might even be one of a number of other clones, maybe you want to be an individual but you have no choice. YOu can see in your parent what you will look like when you are old.
These Raelians are very uncaring people and so are the people who want a cloned kid.

edit