First Impressions

the second time he is.[/quote]

Three or four times… still no beard.

the second time he is.[/quote]

Three or four times… still no beard.[/quote]

The second time Truant met me was at Neiwan after I’d been drinking all day. I most probaly did resemble Walt Whitman by the end of the evening…very very relaxed.

The beard will begin when I hit 40.

BTW, Notsu, the first time I met you was just a hello at HH. The real first time was at Carnegies. You made a strong last impression. :slight_smile:

Meeting someone socially is one thing, but for a sales presentation or a job interview, first impressions are very important because if you are not good you won’t get a second chance.

I have to struggle against categorizing people into “types” – it works well much of the time, but the real trick is that some people only just look like somebody I knew with certain good/bad traits.

Have you been reading my sequel script?

Well, when people meet me they politely opt out the second time :laughing: :astonished: why … I wonder?

Americans are big on this ‘first impression’ bs. IMO relating to someone on the first impression they made with you is akin to judging them. Therefore, you miss out on seeing the person. In America, I find that I sometimes have to work hard to make a good first impression, because of the social and political ethos, an impression has been made before any interaction has taken place.