First post at Forumosa.com

What was the first post at Forumosa.com and who made it?

How about a link?

Go to the Forumosans link, see who joined first, and look at their first post!

Ok, that’s Pinesay, and it brings up this post. Which, weirdly, isn’t even the first in its thread.

Ok, my method failed.

Here is Radar’s first post…

[i]Have heard the stuff about marriage/religion making people happier but also was told that Nepal is the only country that actively measures this. the goverment got fed up with monetary targets that were impractical for them to hit so implemented a happiness index and apparently it is improving.

Have been poor, rich, very poor and comparitively rich. Happy, depressed, drunk, married divorced and currently in love…am I qualified to comment?[/i]

And here is mine. My how I have changed!

[i]Oh my god, Taoyuan is a crap hole. Who lives here, defend yourselves. Explain/ discuss the following:

1. Bleached hair
  2. Compared to Taipei its a hell hole.
  3. Crap department stores
  4. The stench
  5. Shockingly poor road system
  6. Abundance of crappy food
  7. Over priced goods

I saw two other ‘big noses’ i.e. westerners. Thats it. Why the hell would you visit, let alone live in Taoyuan. Travellers beware, this place is devoid of any redeeming qualities.[/i]

Here’s the first thread Maoman posted in! http://www.forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.php?p=26325#26325

Here’s my first post. No one ever answered it. I should have taken the hint, eh? :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“TomHill”]And here is mine. My how I have changed!

[i]Oh my god, Taoyuan is a crap hole. Who lives here, defend yourselves. Explain/ discuss the following:

1. Bleached hair
  2. Compared to Taipei its a hell hole.
  3. Crap department stores
  4. The stench
  5. Shockingly poor road system
  6. Abundance of crappy food
  7. Over priced goods

I saw two other ‘big noses’ i.e. westerners. Thats it. Why the hell would you visit, let alone live in Taoyuan. Travellers beware, this place is devoid of any redeeming qualities.[/i][/quote]

Maybe you’ve changed; Taoyuan hasn’t.

Tom, thats so cool. Thanks for the reminder. Was that really the first thing I wrote? I obviously lurked for too long. Funny, your first post didn’t surprise me at all:lol:

Actually, that’s just the beginning of my posts that survived our shift from oriented to segue. The transition from segue to forumosa was much easier.

Yeah, I figured as much. Otherwise there wouldn’t be other posts earlier than the first 'mosans! :loco: So what ever happened to Pinesay?

Here’s the first of mine which was actually kept:

forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopi … 3765#23765

R&R is called the Open forum today.

My first post was one looking for a speech therapist, I got some fully replies, and flamed a hapless guy in return.

I think it was in the spring of 2001, to be honest.

[quote=“Fluffy Lovely”]Hi, everybody.

I just want to say - yummy bubbles and shiny rainbow happies for all your lolly puffkins!

Love,
Fluffy Lovely[/quote]
God, I’d forgotten all about her! I used to be in love with her (for it was a she, of that I’m quite certain).

[quote=“sandman”][quote=“Fluffy Lovely”]Hi, everybody.

I just want to say - yummy bubbles and shiny rainbow happies for all your lolly puffkins!

Love,
Fluffy Lovely[/quote]
God, I’d forgotten all about her! I used to be in love with her (for it was a she, of that I’m quite certain).[/quote]

I’m sure Fluffy Lovely stole many a heart back in the day.

This one. :slight_smile: