First thing I think on seeing Western guy with Taiwan girl

Right on! And anyway, who cares why two people like each other?

[quote=“Peter Tosh in I AM THAT I AM”]

I’m not in this world
To live up to your expectations
Neither are you here to live up to mine, yeah

I don’t owe no one
No obligation
No I don’t mean none
So everything is fine, fine

[/quote]

Oddly enough, when I went back to Canada after my first stint here in Taiwan, I brought along my blushing bride. All my pals were shocked to find out she was white and Canadian. Everyone assumed I had married a local.

Even now, when I tell the story of how we met and wed, the fact that it happened here creates an assumption in everyone that my ex is Taiwanese.

My current lady-friend and perfect partner is after me because she loves me. We are completely mismatched, age wise, experience wise, etc, but I have no money and she hates the cold. If you guys see us walking thru a nightmarket or chatting over a candle in some Boite, try thinking we enjoy each others’ company and are very much in love.

Another thing I find funny is that the locals don’t believe she is Taiwanese, but she is as green as her family’s century of history on this island. She even voted for disarming in the referendum…gotta love her…NO FEAR! :lovestruck: But she has what some would call a strawberry face and darker skin (and she loves tanning), so people think she is thai or philipino. Hell, I could fool you into thinking she is turkish. She is fluent. She could even pass for a member of the First Nations People in Canada for that matter. See for yourself.

Or better yet…a teaser…

What’s the point of all this? Even tho the subject matter of this thread is probably as close to an accurate assumption as one could make, its still that, an assumption. Sandman, Tigerman, The Bane of Durin, Bassman all married for love. BlueFace got lucky cuz he has a really big…
IQ. :laughing:

She probably just likes riding on the back of piglet… :wink:

Good luck!

The first thing I think when I see this thread:

‘Oh no, not the whole Taiwanese women with foreign guys ‘discussion’ again’.

Brian

I don’t know why one should think anything in particular. Given the sheer number of Taiwanese girls on the island, aren’t the odds overwhelmingly in favour that a single foreign guy will end up with one? :slight_smile:

I don’t see what Wolf’s point is. Most of the foreign guys I see are average looking guys hanging on to the arms of average looking Taiwanese girls. I’ve rarely seen a foreign guy hanging on to an absolute stunner, and if he is, he’s usually been a handsomer than usual gent himself. This “ugly foreign guys getting gorgeous Chinese chicks” myth needs to be demolished, because from my observations it doesn’t hold up in reality. Unless you’re the type that thinks that:

a) all Taiwanese babes are gorgeous
or
b) all foreign guys are ugly

in which case you need to get your eyes checked. Yes, there’s the “exotic” factor. But trust me, they don’t all “look the same”. Geez, some of the foreign guys here are so blinded by yellow fever, anything with bad teeth and silky black hair is a sexy xiaojie. Frankly about half the women here I wouldn’t give a second glance - same as half the women back home. Yeah, all the foreign guys here have “hot babes” if you define anything is “hot” just because she’s Asian.

I’ve always thought it amazing that this obvious fact seems lost on so many, local and foreign alike…

but what do you think when you see a western girl with a taiwanese guy?
(or have you never seen it?)

sorry i had to ask it but even i’m groaning inwardly to have brought up this old chestnut

The naive thought was that I’d get a bunch of Richardm-like one-liners, alas…
I agree that it is no one’s business what other people do, but it is also no one’s business to deny me my personal observations and speculatons.
True, many pairings are pedestrian, but often I see some, what I would call an average Western male, with what in the US would be a model-quality woman.
I have seen a few Western women here who probably were here working as models, and interstingly, I have never seen them with any man, Chinese or other. I think they might be AI.

“many pairings are pedestrian”…does this mean you see them walking down the street? (sorry i’m having a very slow afternoon in the office)

“That reminds me – I need to get the living room ceiling painted.”

So Keith Floyd doesn’t just cook for a living?

:offtopic: That does it! Anyone know where I can get a nice quality narrow brim black trilby in Taipei? :offtopic:

[b]I know I speak for many citizens of our fair city when I say that my first thought is GRATITUDE.

Gratitude that villainy and crime will never prosper. Gratitude that superhero-enforced justice and harmony will never leave us.

And all thanks to our crimefighting gaurdian heroes…[/b]

Western Guy_tm

… and Taiwan Girl_tm

From all of us forumosans that your bravery and vigilence protect… Thank you Western Guy and Taiwan Girl!

An English teacher walks into The Shannon with a beautiful Taiwanese girl on his arm, and the bartender says, “Did you win that in a raffle?”
The English teacher says, “I find that racist and insulting!”
And the bartender says, “I was talking to the girl.”

I completely agree. During all the time I have been in Taiwan, I have not seen many, IMHO, truly “hot” ladies, and when I do, the guy is usually quite good-looking as well. A lot of foreign guys are actually hooking up with, well, average looking gals. Nothing truly spectacular.

Absolutely. Most of the foreign guys/Chinese women seem to be on about the same level in looks. I don’t think a Taiwanese women who is truly great looking would go for an ugly guy just because he happens to be a foreigner. The great looking gal would simply pick a good-looking foreigner or local guy. Actually, it is kind of insulting to insinuate that the local women here are so desperate for guys that they would all accept any man. I think that the Taiwanese women will do the same thing women the world over seem to often do: pick the best looking guy that they can find. This means that if a Taiwanese gal picks an ugly looking foreigner, then the Taiwanese gal is, in all likelyhood, ugly herself and probably can’t get someone better.

[quote=“wolf_reinhold”]True, many pairings are pedestrian, but often I see some, what I would call an average Western male, with what in the US would be a model-quality woman.
[/quote]

Perhaps if by “model” you mean “skinny chick with no breasts and no curves”. Most of the adult women here have the physiques of 12 year old girls back home. I find the ratio of ‘cute’ girls here higher than back in America. But stunners - I mean truly gorgeous women - are in more abundance back home.

Three women die together in an accident and go to heaven.
三個女人在一場車禍中喪生並且來到了天堂.

When they get there, St. Peter says,
“We only have one rule here in heaven…don’t step on the ducks.”
當他們到了那裡,
天使聖彼得說: “在天堂裡, 我們這裡只有一個規矩…千萬不要踩到鴨子”

So they enter heaven, and sure enough, there are ducks all over the place.
確認這三個女人了解後, 他們進入了天堂. 但是天堂裡到處都是鴨子.

It is almost impossible not to step on a duck,
and although they try their best to avoid them, the first woman accidentally steps on one.
鴨子幾乎多到不可能踩不到, 雖然他們極力避免, 但是第一個女人意外的踩到一隻.

Along comes St. Peter with the ugliest man she never saw.
St. Peter chains them together and says “Your punishment for stepping on a duck is to spend eternity chained to this ugly man!”
這時, 天使聖彼得立刻帶著一個這女人一生中從未見過長的極醜陋的男人來到他的面前,
並告訴他: “你踩到鴨子的懲罰就是要永遠跟這個醜男人鏈在一起”

The next day, the second woman steps accidentally on a duck, and along comes St. Peter, who doesn’t miss a thing, and with him is another extremely ugly man.
He chains them together with the same admonishment as for the first woman.
第二天, 另外一個女人也不小心的踩到鴨子.
這時聖彼得又帶著另一個極其噁心的男人來到她的面前,
如同之前那個女人的下場, 聖彼得把第二個女人跟他帶來的醜男人綁在一起.

The third woman has observed all this and, not wanting to be chained for all eternity to an ugly man, is very, VERY careful where she steps.
第三個已經發現這個殘酷的結果, 而且她不希望永遠跟一個醜陋噁心的男人栓在一起. 所以她非常非常小心她的腳步.

She manages to go months without stepping on any ducks, but one day St. Peter comes up to her with the most handsome man she has ever laid eyes on.
Very tall, long eyelashes, muscular, and thin.
她戰戰兢兢在未踩到任何鴨子的情況下, 平安過了幾個月. 但是有一天, 聖彼得來到她的面前並帶著一個前所未見的超級帥男人.
這個男人不僅高大壯碩, 濃纖和度,而還有一附漂亮的長睫毛.

St. Peter chains them together without saying a word.
The woman remarks, “I wonder what I did to deserve being chained to you for all of eternity?”
聖彼得把他們鏈在一起後, 沒對那個女人說任何話就走了.
這女人就問跟她鏈在一起的男人: “我很納悶, 為什麼我可以跟你永遠的鏈在一起?”

The guy says, “I don’t know about you, but I stepped on a duck!”
這個男人說: “我不知道妳的情況是怎樣啦. 但是我踩到一隻鴨子”

[quote=“vwu”]Three women die together in an accident and go to heaven.
三個女人在一場車禍中喪生並且來到了天堂.

When they get there, St. Peter says,
“We only have one rule here in heaven…don’t step on the ducks.”
當他們到了那裡,
天使聖彼得說: “在天堂裡, 我們這裡只有一個規矩…千萬不要踩到鴨子”

So they enter heaven, and sure enough, there are ducks all over the place.
確認這三個女人了解後, 他們進入了天堂. 但是天堂裡到處都是鴨子.

It is almost impossible not to step on a duck,
and although they try their best to avoid them, the first woman accidentally steps on one.
鴨子幾乎多到不可能踩不到, 雖然他們極力避免, 但是第一個女人意外的踩到一隻.

Along comes St. Peter with the ugliest man she never saw.
St. Peter chains them together and says “Your punishment for stepping on a duck is to spend eternity chained to this ugly man!”
這時, 天使聖彼得立刻帶著一個這女人一生中從未見過長的極醜陋的男人來到他的面前,
並告訴他: “你踩到鴨子的懲罰就是要永遠跟這個醜男人鏈在一起”

The next day, the second woman steps accidentally on a duck, and along comes St. Peter, who doesn’t miss a thing, and with him is another extremely ugly man.
He chains them together with the same admonishment as for the first woman.
第二天, 另外一個女人也不小心的踩到鴨子.
這時聖彼得又帶著另一個極其噁心的男人來到她的面前,
如同之前那個女人的下場, 聖彼得把第二個女人跟他帶來的醜男人綁在一起.

The third woman has observed all this and, not wanting to be chained for all eternity to an ugly man, is very, VERY careful where she steps.
第三個已經發現這個殘酷的結果, 而且她不希望永遠跟一個醜陋噁心的男人栓在一起. 所以她非常非常小心她的腳步.

She manages to go months without stepping on any ducks, but one day St. Peter comes up to her with the most handsome man she has ever laid eyes on.
Very tall, long eyelashes, muscular, and thin.
她戰戰兢兢在未踩到任何鴨子的情況下, 平安過了幾個月. 但是有一天, 聖彼得來到她的面前並帶著一個前所未見的超級帥男人.
這個男人不僅高大壯碩, 濃纖和度,而還有一附漂亮的長睫毛.

St. Peter chains them together without saying a word.
The woman remarks, “I wonder what I did to deserve being chained to you for all of eternity?”
聖彼得把他們鏈在一起後, 沒對那個女人說任何話就走了.
這女人就問跟她鏈在一起的男人: “我很納悶, 為什麼我可以跟你永遠的鏈在一起?”

The guy says, “I don’t know about you, but I stepped on a duck!”
這個男人說: “我不知道妳的情況是怎樣啦. 但是我踩到一隻鴨子”[/quote]

LOL!!!

Really depends on the age of the girl. Under 25 they are still having fun and bidding their time, since they know they are the most desirable and have power in society.

Once they start getting close to 25, the pivot age of becoming old maids in Taiwan. That’s when the biological clock and desperation comes in.