First time to Taipei, would love a little guidance please

Wanhua is pretty gritty, too - but a whole lot older and more interesting than Sanchong. Start at Longshan Temple:
guidegecko.com/taiwan/monume … ,608186007

[quote=“Feiren”]I don’t know Sanchong that well and I can’t find Thomson Plaza on the map, but in general, Sanchong is one of Taipei’s grittier working class neighborhoods. It’s the real Taiwan, but I doubt that your 70 year old aunt will have much interest.

What does she like? The MRT is very efficient and taxis are cheap. Tell us, and we’ll try to come up with suggestions.[/quote]

Hi Feiren,

Thanks for your reply.

Here is a screen shot from google maps where I first saw Thomson Plaza mentioned. I hope it helps you work out where it is (if it is even there at all!) Mmmmm for some reason I cannot post an image.

It is on Section 5, Chongxin Rd which is just north of Huanhe Road. Located between Dahan Bridge and Xinbeihuanhe express way bridge (on the Sanchong side)

As for my Auntie, I have only seen her once in the last 19 years so to be honest I have no idea what she likes to do. Obviously baseball will take up a lot of our time (she has two sons who are playing) but they are staying in the team hotel which they still do not know where it is and why I ended up booking the Landmark hotel. I plan on running a bit using the track opposite the hotel and checking out the seafood on offer that was mentioned earlier in this thread and walking as much as I can exploring the city but apart from that I have no plans. I might update this thread the day I arrive after I get a chance to have a talk with her and find out what she would like to do.