Firsts

My son washed his own hair for the first time tonight. Bought some no tears baby shampoo and he went right at it.

Pretty soon he’ll be stealing the car… :s

Owen (2 years, 3 months) fell over the other day, brushed his hands on his knees, looked up, and said, “Oh, sh*t!”
Kind of difficult not to laugh, tho’ i’ve no idea where he got the word from. :smiley:
Oh, sorry. Did you want positive firsts?!
David

My son (1) took his first real steps today, 3 of them, dancing to the Cubeez CD: Put your hands in the air, do what cubeez does (steps forward)… he puts his hands in the air and moves them like a Cubeez… somewhat similar to the hip hop crowd at TU… not that I’ve ever been there done that :slight_smile:

[quote=“davidla80”]Owen (2 years, 3 months) fell over the other day, brushed his hands on his knees, looked up, and said, “Oh, sh*t!”
Kind of difficult not to laugh, tho’ I’ve no idea where he got the word from. :smiley:
Oh, sorry. Did you want positive firsts?!
David[/quote]

That’s pretty positive! :slight_smile:

I was deep in the doghouse when my my at age 3 opened the fridge looking for juice, looked a bit, and said, “WHAT the hell!” :blush:

Congrats asiababy, walking is a huge first. Now you have to childproof the whole house like you said you were gonna do two years ago. lol

What’s a Cubeez???

jdsmith,

ha, child-proofing…

Cubeez are great! They are from the UK, four little squares with arms and googly eyes who jump around a world of colored squares, visit a Learning Wall, ride flying scooters, and dance like they are at a Taipei rave party.

http://www.cubeez.com

For about a week now, my son doesn’t want to go to bed unless I put on a Santana CD, especially Shaman. This is his first big crash on music! :laughing:

Last night, Tiff (2), opened the fridge door without me helping her, grabbed me a beer, returned to the kitchen table and grabbed the bottle opener, brought it to me, helped me open the bottle and then promptly pushed the side door open and threw the lid into the bin. This has been the reselt of a good one year of training. The open the fridge door thing was a first though. It may have been a fluke though but we’ll see once the fotball starts this arvo :wink:

Amos, my husband would be very impressed!!

Well, our tot has started making even longer sentences (8-9 words) since the last time I posted but yesterday was her first “run on” sentence. “When ah-gong caught the bug, in the outside, he put [it] in the pocket, he put [it] in the car.”

She was talking about a pair of mating grasshoppers we caught at the park last weekend.

Another adorable (cute now at 2, maddening at 4!) thing she does is when we tell her it’s time to do something (eat, shower, go to bed, etc) she’ll say, “I’m (insert whatever she’s doing at the moment), okay?”

Us: It’s time to take a shower.
Her: I’m watching TV, okay?

Us: It’s time to eat.
Her: I’m talking to __, okay?

Some of you know how many kids I have, but I honestly never stop being fascinated by them. (Or maybe I’m just a little slow…)

Oh, and just so no one thinks all I want to do is brag on my kids, my 8 yo boy has reached a milestone… as grossed out as he is about going to the toilet and ‘cleaning up’, he’s finally ready to do it himself. (What did we do wrong??)

I’d been telling him, “I hate wiping my own bottom, please don’t ask me to wipe yours too!!!”

I hope that’s not TMI…

Two days ago my son, who’ll be three in Febuary, went the entire day without a diaper and used the potty all day and had no messes!!! Whhoooo! So, yesterday I bought him his first real tighty whitey underware.