Fish pond construction?

I put this here as its about farming/work. move if wrong’

We are looking at roughly 1000 squarefeet of pond area at our farm and are looking at ideas. teh pond will likely be diveded in half giving two 20x25’ areas directly beside each other. Depth will be at around 4-7 feet (see how digging goes) i know dirt ponds are normal here, but i dont like the idea of this entire area literally sinking very much…and its largely due to aquaculture. so i am looking at sealed ponds.

Taiwan having as many earthquakes as it does, will make concrete expensive with the use of rebar…so I am thinking making a classic dirt pond and lining it with thick black rubber sheeting…I have experience with ponds, but never making them big and in need of real thought…from reading it seems rubber will be the cheapest more forgiving material, any thoughts?

cost is always a consideration but doing it right the first time takes priority.

Thoughts?

[quote=“Pingdong”]I put this here as its about farming/work. move if wrong’

We are looking at roughly 1000 squarefeet of pond area at our farm and are looking at ideas. teh pond will likely be diveded in half giving two 20x25’ areas directly beside each other. Depth will be at around 4-7 feet (see how digging goes) I know dirt ponds are normal here, but I don’t like the idea of this entire area literally sinking very much…and its largely due to aquaculture. so I am looking at sealed ponds.

Taiwan having as many earthquakes as it does, will make concrete expensive with the use of rebar…so I am thinking making a classic dirt pond and lining it with thick black rubber sheeting…I have experience with ponds, but never making them big and in need of real thought…from reading it seems rubber will be the cheapest more forgiving material, any thoughts?

cost is always a consideration but doing it right the first time takes priority.

Thoughts?[/quote]
I think,with the possibility of subsidence/movement,I would use a flexible liner,as you imply. This website may be useful in deciding which one is best,for your application. Probably made in China !.

http://www.pondkeeper.co.uk/pond-liners.asp

cool, thanks, thats exactly what i was looking for. Now to find the cheaper Taiwanese rip off. Hopefully some non chiense options :slight_smile: