Fishing boats

Is it legal for a foreigner here to own a fishing boat (say 4 or 5 tonnes)?
Is it legal for a foreigner to actually go fishing or travel on a fishing boat, when the boat is not owned by them?

Thanks

To awnswer your first q. first, APRC or JFRV could, but their are no more new licences available, you would have to buy one from an existing boat. Not many avaiable and hard to find.
The fish counts continue to go down, so they will not be expanding licences any time soon.

Second q yes it is legal, I know and can personnally recommend one in the Taidong area.
Micheal E.(Cell #) 0937602334 , has a 12M boat available for sportfishing and/or touring.
Retired Army engineer who spent alot of time training with the US Army in America, so his english is excellent.
Check out www.seagod.com.tw

thanks

bobl, is he taking whale sharks? “Sportfishing” for whale sharks 'aint cool.

Sandman, do you mean this one?

That’s not his, a generic shot from the harbor.
Your right, sportfishing for that is not cool. I don’t think it’s even legal to get one like that sportsfishing.

He also releases alot.

[quote=“bobl”]
[/quote]

:fume: :fume: :fume:

[quote=“bobl”]Sandman, do you mean this one?

That’s not his, a generic shot from the harbor.
Your right, sportfishing for that is not cool. I don’t think it’s even legal to get one like that sportsfishing.

He also releases alot.[/quote]
Yes, that’s what I was referring to. I’m glad to read your response.

Yea, I think people can submit pictures to that site, like flicker. The picture is dated 91, he was still in the Army then and didn’t even have a boat.
Besides, from the look of it, I don’t know if his boat could even handle it.

I should talk to him about the negative feelings that picture produces, he will probally want to remove it.

To be honest, most of his clents are probably locals, whose first reaction will more likely be “YUMMY!”

Sad but true.
One of his reasons for getting the sportsfishing license instead of just a tour boat, was because he purchased an old fishing boat that did netting. So he effectivly removed that and only does small catches. Most people just like to go out and enjoy the scenery.
My favorite is just to go and watch the dolphin.