Fitness Centres in Taiwan

Why don’t you request them and mention Kettlebell Taiwan: kettlebell.com.tw

We’d be happy to sell them some. We even have a discount package for a set. Let me know if you need contact info.

Why don’t you request them and mention Kettlebell Taiwan: kettlebell.com.tw

We’d be happy to sell them some. We even have a discount package for a set. Let me know if you need contact info.[/quote]

Hey that’s not a bad idea, I’ll put in a request once I’ve built some rapport with some of the staff. It’s only my second time there. :slight_smile:

I’ve actually thought about just rigging up my own t-handle from plumbing parts and bringing that in my gym bag to throw their plates on and do the basic two-handed swing. Might get some weird looks, but whatever.

[quote=“mabagal”][quote=“Formosa Fitness”]Why don’t you request them and mention Kettlebell Taiwan: kettlebell.com.tw

We’d be happy to sell them some. We even have a discount package for a set. Let me know if you need contact info.[/quote]

Hey that’s not a bad idea, I’ll put in a request once I’ve built some rapport with some of the staff. It’s only my second time there. :slight_smile:

I’ve actually thought about just rigging up my own t-handle from plumbing parts and bringing that in my gym bag to throw their plates on and do the basic two-handed swing. Might get some weird looks, but whatever.[/quote]

More than likely you’ll get told you couldn’t use that there since it’s not their equipment. And you wouldn’t be able to do anything other than swing with that anyway. Snatch, clean and press, etc. would be impossible.

Their trainers from down south had asked about getting kettlebells and some training to use them a little while ago so they might just need a nudge or two from clients to make it happen. You could print this out and take it to them as well: tw.nextmedia.com/applenews/artic … D/20111116

It was our kettlebell workout getting featured in Apple Daily. That should help. :slight_smile:

You can stop looking. :slight_smile: No commercial facility in all of Taiwan except ours has bumper plates. I had them special ordered.

As for a facility with bumper plates, squat racks, kettlebells, etc. with a open gym policy, stay tuned. :slight_smile:[/quote]

I’ll definitely swing by when I’m Taiwan to say hi. :slight_smile:

Great! All are welcome. Will keep everyone posted.

Where are the power gyms in Taipei ?

I’m looking for meathead central, with plates and plates of freeweights, racks full of plates: 45 lb. and 100 lb., real squat racks, chains, dumbbells that start at 2.5 lbs. and end at 150+ lbs., benches for miles, sleds, press machines, hammer strength machines, etc. etc. etc. This is the type of place that passes out steroid samples when you sign up… (ok, slightly joking there).

Where can I find the place or places where the monsters congregate ?

DS

To my knowledge there aren’t any. I’m a member of a smaller gym popular in Taipei but it isn’t a powerlifting gym by any stretch of the imagination.

But if you’re looking for a place with power racks, Olympic weights, Prowlers, bands, etc. then we will be the place to be. April 1st is the date. 80+ pings here we come. :slight_smile:

PM sent.

anyone know of any good weight lifting gyms in Jhongli, Taiwan???
i know there is a world gym, but anyone know of any others??

Hello all,
I just moved back to Taiwan yesterday and am looking for a decent gym with decent price near Xindian. I did a research and found World Gym in the Xindian Location, any reviews or suggestions, as to what to watch out for in terms of looking to sign up for a membership in Taiwan, would be greatly appreciated. I kinda got lazy from reading all the previous pages so I thought I’ll get a quicker response here.

Thanks again! :slight_smile:

Anyone have any insight or experience with the Taipei Xinyi Sports Center? I checked out the weights floor twice - once in the morning and the 2nd time in the evening. It was pretty packed in the evening, but I was able to get a decent work out within an hour.

I’ve been doing crossfit for about a year and I miss the hell out of it right now. I might have to stop by Formosa Fitness to get my fix in. Right now, I’m just doing body weight wods at the local school.

[quote=“Robotea”]Anyone have any insight or experience with the Taipei Xinyi Sports Center? I checked out the weights floor twice - once in the morning and the 2nd time in the evening. It was pretty packed in the evening, but I was able to get a decent work out within an hour.

I’ve been doing crossfit for about a year and I miss the hell out of it right now. I might have to stop by Formosa Fitness to get my fix in. Right now, I’m just doing body weight wods at the local school.[/quote]

Well if you like a certain workout then why not support a place that goes out of its way to buy that kind of equipment and bring it here? You’ll get stared at like you’re bizarre over there while at our place, you’d not only fit right in but you might learn a thing or two since everyone works out like that at our place.

Seriously, we’d love to have you!

[quote=“Formosa Fitness”][quote=“Robotea”]Anyone have any insight or experience with the Taipei Xinyi Sports Center? I checked out the weights floor twice - once in the morning and the 2nd time in the evening. It was pretty packed in the evening, but I was able to get a decent work out within an hour.

I’ve been doing crossfit for about a year and I miss the hell out of it right now. I might have to stop by Formosa Fitness to get my fix in. Right now, I’m just doing body weight wods at the local school.[/quote]

Well if you like a certain workout then why not support a place that goes out of its way to buy that kind of equipment and bring it here? You’ll get stared at like you’re bizarre over there while at our place, you’d not only fit right in but you might learn a thing or two since everyone works out like that at our place.

Seriously, we’d love to have you![/quote]

Sounds great. I emailed you guys a few months ago prior to me moving here to get additional information. It’s a little farther than I hope, but I’m sure it’ll be worth it. I look forward to visiting you guys at the end of this month!

[quote=“DesertSpider”]Where are the power gyms in Taipei ?

I’m looking for meathead central, with plates and plates of freeweights, racks full of plates: 45 lb. and 100 lb., real squat racks, chains, dumbbells that start at 2.5 lbs. and end at 150+ lbs., benches for miles, sleds, press machines, hammer strength machines, etc. etc. etc. This is the type of place that passes out steroid samples when you sign up… (ok, slightly joking there).

Where can I find the place or places where the monsters congregate ?

DS[/quote]

IF you want a smelly small gym - theres one at Tai power building exit. I think its exit 4 puts you practically right in front of the store front that is “Muscle” some thing , something… honestly I forget. It is right by the exit just look around the intersection, you wont have to walk far at all. It is in English ( the sign), I didnt join because I checked it out in the Fall and the smell from downstairs was hardcore stank. I can only imagine what its like now in this weather. Its a small gym, but I think it has everything you need. The owner was huge and very nice guy.

I just go to CKS gym… no where near a meathead gym… its a sad thing too. Lots of noobs doing curls in the squat rack, etc.

[quote=“CoolStoryBro”]Hello all,
I just moved back to Taiwan yesterday and am looking for a decent gym with decent price near Xindian. I did a research and found World Gym in the Xindian Location, any reviews or suggestions, as to what to watch out for in terms of looking to sign up for a membership in Taiwan, would be greatly appreciated. I kinda got lazy from reading all the previous pages so I thought I’ll get a quicker response here.

Thanks again! :slight_smile:[/quote]

You may want to check Energym in Xindian. Used to be a member there when I lived in Xindian. They’re above that Carrefour with the driving range on top. I’d only sign up for World Gym if I would go there very often. Gets a bit pricey. Drop-in rate is currently NT650, which is pretty steep when the public gyms offer drop-in at NT50.

[quote=“elburro”]
You may want to check Energym in Xindian. Used to be a member there when I lived in Xindian. They’re above that Carrefour with the driving range on top.[/quote]

Driving range on top of a building… I need some more details, please.

[quote=“downtownandrew”][quote=“elburro”]
You may want to check Energym in Xindian. Used to be a member there when I lived in Xindian. They’re above that Carrefour with the driving range on top.[/quote]

Driving range on top of a building… I need some more details, please.[/quote]

Here. That green lawn is on top of a building. It’s a driving range. Below it there’s a gym. (Or at least there was a gym there when I lived there a few years back)
maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ll=2 … n&t=h&z=19

[quote=“elburro”][quote=“CoolStoryBro”]Hello all,

You may want to check Energym in Xindian. Used to be a member there when I lived in Xindian. They’re above that Carrefour with the driving range on top. I’d only sign up for World Gym if I would go there very often. Gets a bit pricey. Drop-in rate is currently NT650, which is pretty steep when the public gyms offer drop-in at NT50.[/quote]

You sure Energym isn’t world gym now? World gym in xindian is above carrefour, same building you mentioned. I stopped going there a couple of years ago and didn’t see any place called energym. Anyway, when i went there it was just under 1,400 NT a month with a year contract. When i signed up i payed 1,600 a month but didn’t need a contract for a set period, just went month to month and gave a month’s notice when i left. The place is OK. It’s not as extensive with the equipment as you would find at a nice gym in the states, but it’s got basically everything you need. Weight machines, free weights, benches, an incline and decline bench, dumb bells up to 80 lbs or so. A few squat racks, one of them for free weights. Several treadmills. During the mornings and afternoons it’s not too busy, a good time to use whatever you like. Hands down the choice to make if living in xindian in my opinion.

[quote=“xi_adogah”][quote=“elburro”][quote=“CoolStoryBro”]Hello all,

You may want to check Energym in Xindian. Used to be a member there when I lived in Xindian. They’re above that Carrefour with the driving range on top. I’d only sign up for World Gym if I would go there very often. Gets a bit pricey. Drop-in rate is currently NT650, which is pretty steep when the public gyms offer drop-in at NT50.[/quote]

You sure Energym isn’t world gym now? World gym in Xindian is above carrefour, same building you mentioned. I stopped going there a couple of years ago and didn’t see any place called energym. Anyway, when I went there it was just under 1,400 NT a month with a year contract. When i signed up i payed 1,600 a month but didn’t need a contract for a set period, just went month to month and gave a month’s notice when I left. The place is OK. It’s not as extensive with the equipment as you would find at a nice gym in the states, but it’s got basically everything you need. Weight machines, free weights, benches, an incline and decline bench, dumb bells up to 80 lbs or so. A few squat racks, one of them for free weights. Several treadmills. During the mornings and afternoons it’s not too busy, a good time to use whatever you like. Hands down the choice to make if living in Xindian in my opinion.[/quote]

I guess World Gym bought the place from Energym. It’s probably 5 years since I went there.

[quote=“elburro”][quote=“xi_adogah”][quote=“elburro”][quote=“CoolStoryBro”]Hello all,

You sure Energym isn’t world gym now? World gym in Xindian is above carrefour, same building you mentioned. I stopped going there a couple of years ago and didn’t see any place called energym. Anyway, when I went there it was just under 1,400 NT a month with a year contract. When i signed up i payed 1,600 a month but didn’t need a contract for a set period, just went month to month and gave a month’s notice when I left. The place is OK. It’s not as extensive with the equipment as you would find at a nice gym in the states, but it’s got basically everything you need. Weight machines, free weights, benches, an incline and decline bench, dumb bells up to 80 lbs or so. A few squat racks, one of them for free weights. Several treadmills. During the mornings and afternoons it’s not too busy, a good time to use whatever you like. Hands down the choice to make if living in Xindian in my opinion.[/quote]

I guess World Gym bought the place from Energym. It’s probably 5 years since I went there.[/quote]

Thanks for the info guys, I actually went for a 7 day trial at the WorldGym above Carrefour. Wouldn’t say great but it was a decent gym, it’s got pretty much everything you need to work on different muscle groups, and clean locker room along with shower stalls, hot tub, and sauna. most of the nights are full of people who just got off work so you might have to wait for a bench, but you are free to jump on any machines that you like during noon til 4 or 5ish. I didn’t follow through with the 1 year contract simply because I just don’t agree with the contract; There wasn’t anything like that in Canada where I lived. Anyways, I then have been going to the Taipei Wen Shan Sports centre for 50 bucks an hour. The dumbbells aren’t heavy enough but I’ll live with it.

On another note, I actually wouldn’t mind checking out Formosa fitness and get to know more about it. any chance I can come check it out somtimes this week? I suppose I can just make a call tomorrow but thought I can get a quicker reply here.

Anyways, appreciate your insights! :slight_smile: