Fitness Food Stores?

This may seem like a stupid question for those of you who live in Taiwan… but are there any fitness nutrition stores… like GNC or someplace cheaper… than GNC … they are expensive in the states… I am looking for meal replacement mix… Protein mix… etc… just fitness nutrition in general…

How much does the stuff cost?

Here I spend $250 USD a month on all food… and I eat a lot of food… 6-7 meals a day… half are solid food… eggs rice chicken… etc… and the other half is a liquid diet from fitness nutrition stores…

Thanks

I know almost nothing about this type of stuff… but here are the locations for the GNC stores in Taiwan.

The shops inside the california gyms here sell 5lb of designer whey for about $75

Some sort of high carb and protein powder 9lb I think for about $90

Also sells about 5-6 brands of protein/energy bars at prices of $2-4

From another thread which may be of interest…

800NT ~= $24
2400NT ~= $72

[HEALTH FREAKS: Protein Bars

Also, if you consume such large quantities of supplements as your post suggests, you might consider ordering a year’s supply and having it sent directly to Taiwan?

I am thinking about that …but the cost on shipping… :frowning: …I get 10lbs of high carb and protein powder for $30 USD… and that is when I do not make my own… sometimes I buy 100lb buckets and mix oatmeal… coco… and few other things and you have a great shake… for about $15 for 10lbs…

Sea mail. Not that expensive.

I was checking into that today… I can get 350lbs of mix… that is enough for a year… cost here is 750 USD for the mix… to ship was $180… but it was all of the extra fees that they added… that make the total $650… what are they doing for $470… I am sure someone knows about customs and can do the paperwork… and really cut down on that price…but how to get 350lbs to the ship yard to Taipei :s

When I come in Febuary… maybe I will get with people who want the same stuff… we go in on a big shipment… and split the shipping cost… I will have to see what Costco had to offer… first…