[FIXED?] Can't login to Forumosafieds

Although I am logged in to Forumosa, when I attempt to place an ad in the Forumosafieds (for a teaching job), by clicking on ‘Submit New Ad’, I am prompted for my Forumosa ID and password.

However entering my username and password, I get the message:

[quote]Warning
Not logged in
We could not find a user with that email address and password.[/quote]

Thanks,
sesame

Hi Sesame

I think I know what is wrong - it’s related to the switch to the new forum database. Give me to next week to smooth things out - I’ll have to “reboot” the forumosafieds, too.

In the meantime, e-mail me our ad details at admin @ forumosa and I’ll post it up for you until we can get your own account working.

I’m sorry about this

g.

I’m having the same problem–can log into forumosa, but not forumosafieds. I’ll try again in a few days, then.

I just tried forumosafieds, but nothing really happens when I click on “submit ad” maybe that should go into the feedback forum I guess.

I just tried forumosafieds, but nothing really happens when I click on “submit ad” maybe that should go into the feedback forum I guess.[/quote]

I’ve also had problems with the Forumosafieds for quite some time. I just recently managed to post an add a couple days ago.

I can’t really help you here so I’m moving this to the feedback forum in a relevant thread. This way maybe someone can help you.

bobepine

When I upgraded the forums a few weeks ago, I decided to create a new underlying database. It was a fresh start in that respect. Carelessly, I neglected to “reconnect” the Forumosafieds to the new “fresh start” database :doh:

This is why some of us could not log in to the Forumosafieds: if you were activating your Forumosafied ID (that is, you had never posted there before), then your membership details were being activated on the OLD database, not the new one :wall:

This week, I seek to address this problem squarely - along with a few other glitches between the 2 websites (the “integration glitches” - say that 3 times really fast). You can check on my progress here or in our blog

I apologize that it has taken me this long to figure this all out :blush:

Folks, please try to login now.

Remember, if this is the FIRST time you are creating a classified ad, you may be asked to pay. IGNORE that request, and simply try to submit your ad a second time.

Post here or email me if you encounter more difficultuies