Flavors - Swedish restaurant in Taipei

Ola,
We will come back to you with more detailed information, but it seems you have a reservation for 7-10 guests on June 28th at around 19:00.

Do you accept?

Just curious, does this restaurant have non-meat dishes? And it’s right by Tesco on SanMin Road, right?

Help me out here - poste a printable map, or a website with all the info. We wanted to go today but can’t understand where it is. A chinese address to print for the taxi would be good as well…please…

…and we went anyway. Quite easy to find actually. Just call 'em and let them tell the taxi driver.

So what is the veridict? We got defenitely much more than we could expect!

We had potato and onion soup for starters. Nicely peppered. Not too much, not too little…
Followed by Sk

[quote=“getor”]

Note that these words are written by a Norwegian, and trust me - we don’t easily write nice things about Swedes… ;-)[/quote]

Before you know it you will ask for a reunion too :stuck_out_tongue:

YingFan

PS May I suggest Ola & Stephanie to put a restaurant namecard as avatar?

Haha the food was [color=red]absolut[/color] gorgeous, but not so good that I would ask for a reunion :laughing: . This place is definitely recommendable though. :bravo:

Reunion? 'Till hell freezes over!!!

Trust me, takes more than a meal for that… then on the other side - if he guarantees continous meals like this, maybe we should sit down and… :smiley:

NO WAY!!!

By the way - X3M, you need to give him a call to reserve for (us) on the 28th. Not too many tables so we should secure. With the film starting at 20-someting we could start at 18? Takes about 20 min to Hsimen with taxi at that time of day…

We finally had time to go today. I can but join the chorus: Great!

D had the spare ribs (and a massive slab at that!) and I had the Swedish-style cabbage rolls. The ribs tasted better than any kind of rib I have had in a long time, so the three-day marinade and the slow three-hour cooking sure paid off. The cabbage rolls, of course, tasted exactly as cabbage rolls are supposed to. Simply wonderful, and an unexpected flavor here in Taiwan. The opening potato and onion soup was delicious, as was the apple-pie that came with real vanilla sauce. No powder-stuff here.

If it hadn’t been for the fact that we were stuffed when we were done, I could have started all over again.

BTW, Ola said they still had five seats left for their midsummer’s thingy. I’m working so we can’t go, which means they might still be there.

Hi everybody,
it feels great to read all your coments and it makes me feel happy to hear that so many have enjoyed their visit with us. FYI…we will soon start our scandinavian night soon on every second Tuesday, with Scandinavian food and movies, and music.
However today i write to tell you that since the MinSheng daily had a food review of us the reservations phone has been ringing of the hook. So if feel like some real western food pls call before you come so I do not have to disapoint you with not having any seats left.
Have fun and don’t forget your shades.
See ya’ll at Flavor
Ola

Just returned from a nice stroll around my 'hood. Here are some pictures of Ola and Stephanie’s restaurant. The place is cool. A real chill kinda place in a residential area.

[color=orange]Small, sunny, nice area, two outdoor tables, full bar.[/color] [color=brown]Ola says: Welcome![/color]

The screen is up, tables are ready for Tuesdays and Thursdays Swedish movie nights.

[color=red]Ooh! Purdy lights![/color] Your table is ready, sir.

[color=violet]Ola painted this wall in three weeks.[/color]
[color=green]This is what you movie-goers will be eating tonight: beef patties with beets.[/color]

Looks wonderful, but 914, did you make any further enquiries about the vegetarian options? (Actually, who cares? The look of those beef patties makes me think I’ll be off the vegematabilitization kick for just one meal).

Oh yes. There is only one vegetarian dish…Pasta Basil, with real basil. He says there are plenty of seafood dishes, however.

The meat did smell good though… :frowning:

Yesssss. I love this place. :bravo:

Stephanie and Ola are incredibly nice people and one can easily tell they work very hard to make this place as good as it is. The atmosphere is very friendly, food is great, we had absolutely no reason to complain.
Both of us had the Swedish meal including a soup, a biiig main course, a dessert and a coffee/tea. A definite bargain for NT$420 (if I remember right). And I have to admit neither of us could finish the dessert, something that hardly ever happens to me…

For sure I’ll be back :slight_smile:

Ok, I just had to revive this thread!

I went to this place for the first time ever this evening and was somewhere beyond amazed by the, well, flavor. Everything I want to say has been said before, but I just want to reiterate what a jewel this place is.

If you haven’t gone recently, you must. That’s all. :bravo:

Yesterday we went to Flavors and most of us decided to try their venison, Red Deer (literary Crown Deer). I have eaten several other game meats in my past (moose, hare, wild pig, “regular deer”) to name a few, and I must say that Red Deer was the best so far. I’m not so good with words, but it kind of takes the good parts from the tastes of steak and game at the same time. The texture is very nice, but it doesn’t have the “gamey” taste of e.g. moose. The size of it is big, and I believe the fat content is very low, while still being very tender.

Thus I would recommend people who normally don’t like game to try this. You won’t be disappointed.

Cheers,
YingFan

Ola and Stephanie,
Sounds like you got a nice thing going.
I have just one request,
Please move to Taidong!!
:hungry:

It’s a really nice place indeed!! The food is extremely well made from really good ingredients. Friendly service and nice environment.

Try it!!

Tried to make a reservation a few weekends ago, and was told you were closed due to some promotion. Tried to make a reservation today (for 5pm), but was told you don’t open for dinner until 6pm?

So, how about posting your exact opening times (lunch & dinner).

I believe they’re moving to a new (bigger and better) location! Ola and Stephanie - what’s the good news?

…feeling hungry now…
This place is now on my “want food. Now.” list

see you soon!
:slight_smile:

*edit - just found out they DON’T accept kids, I’m gonna pass this restaurant… :aiyo: