Flight tickets

Hi,
I just want to ask if it is okay for the school not to pay for a spousal flight ticket?

Probably ok.
What kind of school are you talking about?

Are you in a public school and did they put it in the contract? If so, you might need to be ready to fight with them. My first year in a public school I tried using the flight allowance for my mom to visit me and they were all “you didn’t tell us you planned to use it when you signed the contract so they money allocated for this year didn’t exist” but I just kept pointing to the contract and telling them to cough up. Eventually they did

1 Like

I’ll never get over the embarrassing lies they will say to try and get out of something.

2 Likes

I mean, supposedly they really did need to apply for the money back in March of that year. And supposedly they really hadn’t applied for it. I had more than one local friend come in an put pressure on them and those friends were like “yeah, the money doesn’t exist”. But I continued fighting them on it, because THE CONTRACT SAYS SO, which means a court, in a perfect world, would be on my side.

1 Like

FIFY :yum:

2 Likes

Which isn’t better. It’s worse because of the intention to deceive

Public school

It’s quite possible that if you did not request it early enough, they would not have sufficient funds in their annual budget.