Flights to Taipei from the UK

Hey all,

Not sure if this is the forum. So i will be coming to Taipei at the beginning of June from the UK. Does anyone know of some good sites / airlines for the cheapest flights ? How much roughly am I looking at…seems around 700GBP ?

Try the usuals - Opodo, Travelocity, Expedia, KLM airline site.

http://flights.idealo.co.uk/search.php?action=search also pretty good.

A good deal from Uk to Taipei is around £600. The usual way to get this is to book the return to Hong Kong (400-450) then book the HKG-TPE-HKG return yourself. Going direct through ThaiAir, DragonAir, CathayPacific sites generally turns up a flight for 150 or so.

If you book to Taipei direct from Uk, then yes you will pay £700, unless KLM have an offer on - note that although their AMS-TPE flight is billed as non-stop, there is a 1-hour deplane in Bangkok.

Seems your spot on the money. I found UK to Malaysia for 400 GBP, then taking Air Asia to Taipei is around 100 GBP.

Is that the best sort of deal I am looking at ? Also I assume the 90 day landing visa is fine and my school should be able to transfer this for my arc ?

Hi,
Try ours travel…sometimes they got very attractive price! (ourstravel.com/new/)

If you want to look on the aggregator, orbitz is a good comparison site too(orbitz.com/) and you’d pay in USD, which means you’d take the advantage of the weak USD…but then GBP is not that strong either these days, LOL! :smiley: )

Got another one, “skyscanner” (skyscanner.com/)

GBP6-700 is not a rational price; I’d only pay that when I have to travel in the high season.

KLM appears to have some decent prices as well, depending on when you travel.

Just be aware that flights during the first week of June will be expensive, as it’s Computex week (a big computer trade show).

Also check cheapflights.co.uk/ there’s an offer there for under £400.

Some really cheap flights go via Shanghai and are flown by Chinese airlines, might not be the most comfortable choice, but definitely the cheapest.

Assuming you have a British passport, then you can get 90 day landing visa, but you need proof of a flight out of the country within those 90 days . It is easy to book one then change it later.

You will need to change your landing visa to a visitor visa first (for about $2000nt) then you will be able to apply for the work permit and things. Your school will probably explain all this to you when you get here, it is really simple.

[quote=“TheLostSwede”]
Some really cheap flights go via Shanghai and are flown by Chinese airlines, might not be the most comfortable choice, but definitely the cheapest.[/quote]

If you go for that, check in advance that whether you’d need a transit visa or not as you might have to wait for over 8 hours for the connecting flight :wink: and don’t forget your travel insurance!

A good site to ask your question.

flyertalk.com/forum/other-as … grams-470/

just sign up and comment for free.

lots of people fly frequently from asia to/from europe on this site.