Flobbing Dead (No Spoilers)

Yes, Season 2 of The Walking Dead sucked so bad, I quit the show. A couple of weeks ago, some friends assured me I could just leave it behind and pick up with S3 and so I binged it back and was certainly glad I did. Now I can’t wait for Monday mornings to get my Dead fix. With Breaking Bad done and gone, TWD may be the best show out there (YMMV), so I thought we should have a thread dedicated to discussing it amongst ourselves. (Please use the spoiler function judiciously.) This is in part inspired by the post show breakdown Talking Dead, so excuse some of my unoriginality.

My first question is how would you deal with a zombie apocalypse horde outside the fence?

I’d take a big rig dumptruck with a snowblower attachment to them like Yukio does to the ninjas in Wolverine, but I think they’d be hard pressed to find one in Georgia. So maybe mowing them down with a tank if I could get one from Fort Benning.

Adam Savage’s (MythBusters) idea of digging a pit seemed like another good fix, but again, would require some heavy machinery.

I guess it all depends on if they are behind a fence or marching on you unimpeded. The M16 seemed like it would work, but if you run out of ammo, what then?

Damn these zombies are freaking me out. At least they don’t got wheels like the ones in 28 Days, 28 Days Later and Dead Set and better still that they don’t have wheels and the hive mentality of WWZ.

Freakin’ zombies!!!

Some might even say we are far ovedue for an Armoury review. Some barbed wire, and a few bayonets would round it all off.
Don’t make me say it:
That oft neglected tangent of the sphere, and the square.
:whistle:

[quote=“Toe Save”]

My first question is how would you deal with a zombie apocalypse horde outside the fence?

I’d take a big rig dumptruck with a snowblower attachment to them like Yukio does to the ninjas in Wolverine, but I think they’d be hard pressed to find one in Georgia. So maybe mowing them down with a tank if I could get one from Fort Benning.[/quote]

I definitely think this season has been influenced by the WWZ fence-horde scenes.

I like your idea of heavy machinery. There must be some good tractor-slashers about on the farms.

My ultimate preference would be a WWII style tank with anti-mine flail on the front; and a flamethrower for backup.

[quote=“TheGingerMan”]Some might even say we are far ovedue for an Armoury review. Some barbed wire, and a few bayonets would round it all off.
Don’t make me say it:
That oft neglected tangent of the sphere, and the square.
:whistle:[/quote]

And a nice trench around the perimeter could do a lot to relieve pressure on the fence. Those walkers seem like the sort who’d quite comfortably get into a trench without an equal capacity to organize a charge out of one.

Not sure about that.
Anything is possible.
Fire might be drawn, and certain number of approximate body mass might encourage a bridging.

Toe Save! Welcome back.

Somehow I was under the impression that you were a fan of Mad Men, but this is cool too.

[quote=“Rockefeller”]Toe Save! Welcome back.

Somehow I was under the impression that you were a fan of Mad Men, but this is cool too.[/quote]

Actually, Madmen is my most embarrassing fail. I never got past S3, and as the raging TV-holic that I am, this is a most shameful confession. That and I am only part way thru AHS S2.

Fire not good as it may cause the surrounding woods to burn and they’d possibly get smoked into the arms and jaws of burning dead. Be good for a burning zombie in that they’d finally be able to get a hot meal (heat while you eat) but not so good for the “yet 2B dead”.

Why don’t they just live on a river boat? Or better yet, a cruise ship? I mean, hello plot hole.

Or an island.

Or an island.[/quote]

Right, and why don’t they ever have new clothes? I mean, really. No malls around? :unamused:

Next two questions.

Which member of the group would you feel safest with if it was only the two of you?

It’s a no-brainer for me:

Same question, but which forumosan would you want on your 6 in the ZA?

No so clear an answer here. Part of me would take Gingerman, but then again, there is a certain obese poster that I could easily outrun and would take great pleasure in seeing ripped to shreds.

Or an island.[/quote]

Right, and why don’t they ever have new clothes? I mean, really. No malls around? :unamused:[/quote]
Sorry, Captain.
Try and save you some of that apple.

And, no matter.
Meanwhile, all clear.
Coupla sandbags, that is all.
Sir.
:bow:

That coarse could easily lend one to short term sucksess or fail’yer!

Mind you, bayonet.
Of kors.
Sharpen entrenching tools.
Civvies…
?