Flowers

Well, what about you, guys (boys)? What do you think about getting flowers from a girl?

I’ve always thought flowers were a waste of money.
What the hell are you supposed to do with them? You have to have a vase, they die, leave a mess…
Completely useless IMHO.

What would a guy think if I sent him flowers for, say, Opening Night? I have often bought flowers for male actor/dancer friends.

What I love most about Taiwan is the ready availablilty of decent flowers at incredibly reasonable prices.

Also, the best date I’ve ever been on was back in the courtin’ days with the Perfect Partner. We went to Miaoli County picking sunflowers and strawberries and topped it off with a fine dinner in Ying Ge and some vase shopping.

No wonder she has graduated me from date to Perfect Partner.

I should hope not.

Sorry… Couldn’t resist.

OK, I’ve probably never presented flowers to my wife. Why?

1. Bugs like flowers. I don’t care much for bugs.

2. Flowers last longer when they stay on the plant… you know, “love is a rose, but you’d better not pick it, it only grows when its on the vine…”

3. I hate the florists. They jack up the price for flowers when they believe you need to purchase them. What would we think of pharmacists who jacked-up the price of certain antidotes during an emergency?

That’s ok but I actually prefer chocolate. :smiley:

Depends on the flower, flower. :wink:

I’d be VERY happy to be given a bunch of these, for example.

Perhaps a triffid instead? Can’t be smoked, but comes complete with semi-clad female…

I got a dozen red roses from my girlfriend last Valentine

Depends on the flower, flower. :wink: [/quote]

Unfortunately, Flower (the mother of the gal pictured in my avatar) is unable to respond to you for the moment. She’s in hibernation. :slight_smile:

[quote=“aprimo”]Unfortunately, Flower (the mother of the gal pictured in my avatar) is unable to respond to you for the moment. She’s in hibernation. :slight_smile:[/quote]Sounds familar, “Not tonight, I’m hibernating”