Flying a dog to Australia

Hi all ,
anyone know about the regulation of exporting a dog to Australia? is there any different rule involved other than sending a dog to the States?
thanks.

[quote=“rottie”]Hi all ,
anyone know about the regulation of exporting a dog to Australia? is there any different rule involved other than sending a dog to the States?
thanks.[/quote]

The Neverending Story

please use the search function, this has been discussed often before.

also check AQIS, the Australian Quarantine Inspection Service, for the latest details.

it is not a trivial matter, and is more complicated than taking a pet to the USA.

I think you’d be much better off taking the plane mate. Dogs aren’t a reliable form of aerial transport.

thank you very much for your reply. i’ve sent many rescues to foreign countries but have never sent one to Australia.
Just did some research, kinda disappinting as it’s unlikely for me to think any further of sending this dog there…

now now, John, if I was able to restrain myself, surely you should heva been able to as well!

besides, imagine how fast the wee little thing’s paws would have to move if you wanted it to fly on its own, let alone carrying a person on its back.