😷 COVID - Flying to the US

Is Adventist the only location in Taipei for the antigen test?

4 Likes

I remember Veterans having the choice as well.

1 Like

Oh? I’ll call and ask

Just called, seems not! In the area, Cheng Hsin does though.

1 Like

I am traveling to the US in 2 weeks and would like to ask someone who has recently traveled to the US what they needed to do in order to enter without issues.

As I know I need the following 2 things:

• Vaccine Passport
  • Rapidtest or PCR within 24 hours.

I don’t know where to get a certified Rapidtest to travel to the US in Taipei and most hospitals just offer PCR and there is only one opened on Sunday for that to make appointments. Any help appreciated.

1 Like

Just call up the nearest place that does PCR tests and tell them you’re travelling. You’ll have to make the appointment in advance of course. The annoying thing is, you’ll have to go back to that same place to pick up the results.

There is slightly old info here, but you only need a rapid test to enter the US

Credit to some other covid traveling thread

3 Likes

Anyone know what a rapidtest certificate should look like? Would something like this be acceptable?

It’s just the piece of paper they give you with the date, test type, test result, name, and passport number stamped/signed by the testing facility. Stylistically they all look different depending on where you got it.

In the US no one will look at it. In Taiwan the gate agent will look at it very briefly. Just make sure you’re getting the the right test and your details are correct.

2 Likes

no, it haz to meny mispeld werdz

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: .abcdefg

Looks like you no longer need a test to enter the US. How about in order to comply with airline policy? Still need to have a test?

2 Likes

Not for United. They now say

For flights departing after 12:01 a.m. EDT on June 12, 2022, travelers who are not U.S. citizens or legal residents, and traveling to the U.S. on a non-immigrant visa, are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Learn more about vaccinations on the CDC website and additional travel flexibility

I can’t imagine any airline would do more than needed.

In another place they emphasize:

Important: Effective June 12th, the pre-departure COVID-19 test will no longer be required.

I leave on the 14th. Save a few bucks

2 Likes

and time!

1 Like

I found out there was one clinic close to my home. But moot now!

Make sure you take a copy of the US Gov web page to the airport in case the checkin staff havent been told.

1 Like

I have a small computer to show them UA policies if needed :slight_smile:

The real pain in the ass is coming back to Taiwan from the US. I came back end of May and had to pay $900 USD for PCR tests for a family of four. This was the only way to guarantee results in 48 hours since the free testing sites that were once ubiquitous have since been shutdown (at least where we were).

2 Likes

Wow. Hoping for more last minute changes before then.

1 Like