Foldable Phone

You just buy 2 phones and tape them together.

1 Like

One tablet and one phone, cheaper and you have a back-up when one fails! I don’t think foldable phones are going to be a huge success.

1 Like

Having the screen outside on both sides gives me chills. The devices at a price point of 2500 US$ are doomed if dropped.

1 Like

Seems they want to cover every square millimeter of the surface with touch-sensitive screen.

It’s bad enough trying to show people images on your phone as it is, as they invariably grab your phone and touch the screen, causing the image to disappear.

1 Like

Galaxy Fold is here!

But it may be not that great…

Not really. Dead before arrival.

As I posted before! You don’t need to be a tech guru to realize the technology is not ready yet!

Maybe not ready for mass production, but the technology is ready!
Here’s a comparison between Samsung Galaxy Fold and Huawei Mate X:
https://youtu.be/MjruV06EoaA
It won’t take long until we see them available for purchasing.

Also, which one you guys think is more interesting, inside or outside folding?

Neither, I’ll never get one.

1 Like

I can’t image them making the outside screen durable enough while keeping it flexible. You have to put it in a pouch or it will not survive long.

As most PC enthusiasts known, you never buy the first generation of a piece of hardware, it’s almost never worth it, let them iron out the bugs and bring the price down. Same goes for phones.

Wait 2 years, market will be flooded with foldable devices, I for one, can not wait! That Intel one looks amazing, shame it’s only on paper and no concept, but still.

Anyone going samsung, I wouldnt, a reporter had his hands on a brand new one, the brackets broke after a day :smile:

Plus, too expensive at the moment for not that much of an extra screen, you can buy a good tablet 3 times the size for cheaper and just tether to your phone.

IDK never say never, I’ll definitely get one when it can unfold to become a surface sized tablet with keyboard.

I use my phone with bluetooth keyboard when I’m outside working pretty good for typing and don’t need to carry around an iPad or laptop. Some days walking 10 kilometers or more so minimal weight in the backpack is important

This may come in handy when it’s mature and you can just throw it out like a tent that sets itself up.

They look completely unnecessary. If I need more screen, that’s why I have a good laptop.

1 Like

“Last month, Samsung released a video showing robots folding Galaxy Fold handsets 200,000 times for its durability test.”

That’s not real world use!

They are trying to fix it…

I’ll wait until it’s proven technology.

Brilliant. I think it makes more sense than a bi-fold.

Edit: this is the sheeet, once it’s mature.
https://youtu.be/wnGjxZTRTPk

2 Likes

That was a design Intel already brought up. And right now Samsung has it.