Following Jihad, what? (Part two of another)

Well goshamighty, that took you long enough for you to get to.

Who here has EVER said ALL Muslims? I believe that FI have been the focus of the discussion since day ONE!

It really is a bad thing to begin a discussion believing that your opponent is a fargin idiot, or racist, or sadist.

Put your books aside J. Focus on reality.

trying for
peace

jds

Isn’t “fundamentalist Islamofascist” a little redundant? As far as I know there aren’t any liberal or moderate Islamofascists :slight_smile:

No, but there are moderate Muslims.

I mean…there must be…right?

I know. I’m saying that the term “fundamentalist Islamofascist” is redundant.

Because I could not find an whole lot. Western societies being self-critical about their own mistakes - from how we handle integration of foreigners, to racism, to how counter-prodictuve Iraq War II has been - day in day out debate. And a good deal of it focusses on our own mistakes and what we have to change.

And in the Mid East? You found nothing about a self-critical aproach there and neither did I. Now what does that tell you?

P.S.: Found any connection as yet as to how these recent protests in the Mid East are actually about the Iraq War and not about some cartoons? You maybe remember - you raised the Iraq issue last time.

I wonder if a good blast of blasphemy isn’t just what the Muslim world needs. The omnipresent mystique of the Islamic church, with its four time daily call to prayer, the forced veiling of women etc. lends the church an unworldly quality that many people in the Middle East I suspect have “never” seen challenged. The kow towing you see now on the part of Western governments probably reinforces that insanity. Why can’t someone in a position of authority just give it to them straight “Look, you people are an embarrassment to yourselves. Because of a “cartoon” you start a riot thousands of miles away and end up killing each other! Meanwhile your own presses are engaged in all manner of hate mongering against Jews, and when people of your own faith suffer in natural disasters they are left relying on “us” for help! Get a grip”

Heck, I say print up leaflets to that effect and drop them over the entire Middle East. Let the stupid bastards go apeshit till they’ve apeshitted themselves out. Then drop another planeload explaining in even greater detail how ridiculous they are.

Or hey, how about this, on the back side of those leaflets we apologize for that abomination of the western world known as George Bush and his regime. Explain that we solemnly regret all of the ghastly things they have done. Let them know that according to our own notions of justice and equal rights Abhu Grahib was a disgrace. That the British and American people were tricked into going to war but now that they are there they will honour their commitments. That to a lot of us the Jews probably didn’t have a right to occupy Isreal but that it’s a little too late now so all we can do is push them towards peace. Etc. etc.

And after we could write up a new set of leaflets to drop on a certain ranch in Texas.

[quote=“games”]Because I could not find an whole lot. Western societies being self-critical about their own mistakes - from how we handle integration of foreigners, to racism, to how counter-prodictuve Iraq War II has been - day in day out debate. And a good deal of it focusses on our own mistakes and what we have to change.

And in the Mid East? You found nothing about a self-critical aproach there and neither did I. Now what does that tell you?[/quote]
Uhh . . . just throwin’ this out there . . . 'cause you don’t read Arabic? 'cause you used Google solely to do your research? :wink:

Bodo

Legalese. Just covering all the bases… you know, just making sure there are no loop holes.

I don’t know, I think the muslim world is, much like the supposedly christian world, full of hypocrites. I just wonder how many of the supposed believers that creep across the Malaysian border each weekend to party with booze and Chinese hookers in Had Yai are incensed by this affront to their religion? Or, likewise, how many Saudis on their shagging/shopping trips outside Islamically constrained countries are all a rage?

Meanwhile, here in HK muslims have been granted permission to demonstrate in Victoria Park this Sunday. Victoria Park is where Indonesian domestics meet on Sundays, so the cunning bastards will artiifically inflate their numbers many times over. As was highlighted in a letter to the SCMP ths morning, why the demo? The newspaper has already apologised, shouldn’t that be the end of it? Unless of course, there is another motive . . .

I still like the idea of a halal bacon sizzle for peckish protestors.

HG

[quote=“Jaboney”]Ralph makes off-the-cuff comments all the time, and pretty often, they’re pretty stupid. But I’m yet to see him duck and run from the fall out. I don’t like his politics, but he’s a stand-up guy who takes responsibility for his sometimes foolish statements and that, I respect.

There are times and places in which being anonymous is not just comfortable or convenient, but necessary and important. Saying, “Ralph’s wife exercises far too much power for an elected, unaccountable person,” might well be one of those instances. Saying, “Colleen is ‘just another Indian’,” isn’t; here, it’s a convenient dodge for cowardice and bigotry.

Again, rights and responsibility. Push the fishing buddy to stand behind that comment–or refuse to run it–and I might applaud the mag for publishing it. It’s not about PCitude, or journalistic courage. As it stands, it’s a cheap shot from the dark that deserves squat.

*Ralph’s the one who came up with “Drive-by-smear”, can’t wait to see how he’ll label this one.[/quote]

Here is the paragraph about Colleen in the Western Report (need to register) that is causing all of the furor: Of course, most of the liberal publications that published this story didn’t include the bolded section in their reports, did they?

[quote=“Western Standard”]Colleen

No, but there are moderate Muslims.

I mean…there must be…right?[/quote]

Well, Turkey is often regarded as the most tolerant Muslim nation
Ataturk is rolling over in his grave.

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]

I still like the idea of a halal bacon sizzle for peckish protestors.

HG[/quote]

if you like that you better get it while you can. someone might think it’s offensive.

[quote=“Chewycorns”]Well, Turkey is often regarded as the most tolerant Muslim nation
Ataturk is rolling over in his grave.[/quote]

Ataturk along with the Armenian Christians no doubt…

Sorry, that was a cheap shot. Back on topic.

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]
I don’t know, I think the muslim world is, much like the supposedly christian world, full of hypocrites. I just wonder how many of the supposed believers that creep across the Malaysian border each weekend to party with booze and Chinese hookers in Had Yai are incensed by this affront to their religion? Or, likewise, how many Saudis on their shagging/shopping trips outside Islamically constrained countries are all a rage? [/quote]

Or how many are enraged that an Imam raped a Scandinavian girl who was clearly under the influence of booze.

aftenposten.no/english/local … 223819.ece

And in a mosque! :astonished:

[quote=“guangtou”][quote=“Chewycorns”]Well, Turkey is often regarded as the most tolerant Muslim nation
Ataturk is rolling over in his grave.[/quote]

Ataturk along with the Armenian Christians no doubt…

Sorry, that was a cheap shot. Back on topic.[/quote]

No need to apologize. Even the most tolerant Islamic nations aren’t very tolerant, are they? I am always amazed when people call nations such as Indonesia, Turkey, or Malaysia tolerant nations. Whether it is Malaysian ex-PM Mathahir baiting Jews, Amien Rais and the Muhammadiya Party in Indonesia stirring up hatred against Christians, or women being stoned in Turkey (or past massacres of the Armenians), even the so-called tolerant nations have racist bastards in the top levels of government.

And in a mosque! :astonished:[/quote]

there was no picture of mohhamad there though!

Imam, Scandinavian girl, rape, outrage . . . . Is anyone besides me seeing an historical pattern here?

"Here we have the typical libertine Jew who is dreaded and detested by the city authorities of the North for the very reason that Jews of this type have an utter contempt for law, and a ravenous appetite for the forbidden fruit–a lustful eagerness enhanced by the racial novelty of the girl of the uncircumcised

What follows Jihad?
H-had!

Which is exactly why I asked someone “more educated” than me to provide a bit more information about the tripple-M. The much cited “moderate Muslim mainstream”. Someone like Namahottie for instance. Here " :unamused: " assure me she thinks a whole lot of herself and she for sure can back up that self-image.

How about it Bodo? You share the notion that there is a mainstream Islam mainstream at large in Muslim societies? A self-critical Muslim majority, striving hard to be respectful to infidels. A contemplating Islam mainstream looking foremost at how itself may have contributed to what is going wrong within their communities? Only of course if one assumes there could be something going wrong (if you think Islam is pretty much fine as it is, then just forget about my last sentence).

If yes, I am most curious to hear what you base this notion on.

Or is this idea that there is a ‘moderate Muslim mainsteam’ at large in the Mid East just exactly what you try to protray my view of it. Mere guesswork by someone who can’t read Arabic, using google for research.

Namahottie did not even come up with at least that. Maybe you can Bodo? If not, anyone else maybe?