Food Panda opening R&D hub, hiring 100

Oh yeah, and they are shutting down in many cities in Germany because it doesn’t work.

" Delivery Hero’s Foodpanda unit will exit six German cities including Cologne, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Munich and Stuttgart . The company also plans to sell its Japanese unit Foodpanda Japan in the first quarter of 2021. The move marks a big win for Just Eat Takeaway, which has a sizable presence in Germany"

You’re right, I haven’t, but they have a reputation for being more dependable than Foodpanda.

We’re talking about app developers here. A cursory glance at 104 says 60K NTD monthly.

1 Like

No, I actually thought FoodPanda was a monopoly. I thought Uber was illegal in Taiwan.

How much of a discount are you getting?? I’ve always found Uber to be at least 50NT more than a cab, sometimes even double what a cab would cost


You must not be in Taiwan, or at least not in any major city. Uber and Ubereats are huge here. There was a bit of a battle over legality years ago (mostly involving political pressure from cab drivers), but it didn’t last long.

It’s a 10% discount, but even their non-discounted price is nearly always cheaper than taxis in my experience. It’s only more when demand is high (rush hour, rain, etc.), which are the times when it’s difficult to find taxis, anyway. They also have nicer cars and better drivers on average.

I see more Pandas than Ubereats

1 Like

I wouldn’t argue anyone saying they see slightly more of one than the other, but it’s difficult to imagine anyone only seeing one. They’re both pretty prevalent.

1 Like

So I’m guessing they’re doing well in Taiwan, hence they’re expanding? I keep hearing food delivery people make good money, relatively.

I think they prefer independence and making the same or a little more than working for a company at 30K NT$ per month.

1 Like

The footpaths are going to become even more choked with delivery scooters.

Are you having a bad week? Can I sing you a song to cheer you up?

Did daddy let on you the internet again? It’s Monday by the way, so it would be a little premature to call it a bad week just yet.

1 Like

i use food panda about 70% of the time, uber eats the other 30% for takeout. i don’t understand the hate towards it, but then again i’ve never had anything canceled on me despite spending a LOT on their service. it’s generally cheaper and has more options than uber eats where i live too. they frequently have vouchers and discounts too. but if they can improve it further through r&d that’s even better.

1 Like

Heidelberg doesn’t have Uber, Lyft, or Bolt.

Too expensive, students like to make their ‘student meals’.