Food poisoning in Taiwan vs. home

Food-poisoning suspected at Grand Hotel restaurant

At least 500 guests suffered from food poisoning after taking dinner at a Grand Hotel restaurant on last August 31, a Taipei city councilor charged yesterday.
Lee Ching-yuan told a press conference the Grand Hotel, a one-time land mark of Taipei, tried to cover up the mass food poisoning and paid NT$1 million to settle the case in private.

chinapost.com.tw/detail.asp? … A&id=22133

Let’s see…a handful of Taiwanese get sick after eating at an el cheapo Chinese restaurant in Bali and it turns into an international incident. Meanwhile in Taipei, 500 people get sick after eating at a 5 star hotel and it gets swept under the rug. Typical. :unamused:

About the hot pot story, hot pot itself is not a risk but people use raw egg yolks in the dip sauce which could cause food poisoning.

I think that is another reason why they add garlic, ginger and other ingredients to kill the germs???

Ah yes, the yin will balance the yang and you won’t get sick. :unamused:
Gimme a break.
Maybe these food items have anti-bacterial properties, but that can never be a substitute for basic hygiene.
Can we have a barfing emoticon?

My friends are back in Australia on holidays at the moment, they visited the Naturopath the other day. After having a variety of tests done (blood tests), they have been told they have several bad bacteria in their system. They have had the flu on and off for about 3 months, apparently this has been caused by the bacteria. I’m trying to get the details from them but from what I can understand they have Tricinosis from the pork and the parasites have burried themselves into their muscles.

What i’m wondering is how many other people have had this diagnosis??

btw I had the worst food poisoning of my life last week from pork dumplings, i thought someone was stabbing me in the stomach.

Recent run-in with the food poison was at a local Dim Sum place. The place have been around for many years and haven’t had a problem with it till Sunday. I don’t know which dishes it was, but I was shivering, tummy was hurting, my head was dizzy and BLAH, the restroom was ALL mine…

I guess I am not used to the clean food back home now :unamused:

my birthday finally falls on a friday. i finally have a job where i don’t work until 10 pm on my birthday… home sick with food poisioning from something they slopped all over my kong xin tsai last night. :cry:

Ah yes, the yin will balance the yang and you won’t get sick. :unamused:
Gimme a break.
Maybe these food items have anti-bacterial properties, but that can never be a substitute for basic hygiene. [/quote]
They do, but not like that. They retard bacterial growth over the long term; they don’t stop it, and they won’t save you from a toxic soup.

[quote]
Can we have a barfing emoticon?[/quote]
Sure: