Food Scandals, Safety, Recalls

Same as in Facebook comments I guess: when you don’t see who your crap harms, you keep throwing some.

That being said, that’s why eggs in France have their “best before” printed directly on the shell, along with producer traceability.

I’ve seen that in the Mainland too. Just sayin’.

Only am idiot would eat from a street stand in the first place. They all look absolutely filthy and unregulated.

I had a forgotten bottle of “functional” LP33 yogurt in the fridge with only a little bit left, exactly one month past the ‘valid’ date. Expected a foul smell but actually it still smelled 100% fresh… All these Uni-President products (and others) are fake engineered products.

1 Like

There’s something really weird about Taiwan milk it’s practically indestructible .

2 Likes

Milk and cream (for cooking or whipping) gets bitter instead of sour, I wonder why.

Following this closely.

Taiwan has a lot of couples who are unable to conceive. Wonder if it is related to the food people eat!

1 Like

More likely related to the pollution in Taiwan.

“Spoiled eggs tainted with chicken excrement, eggshell pieces and maggots were found in liquid egg products . . .”

Liquid eggs are used in baked products such as cakes, bread buns etc.

And some shops use

And some places use it for scrambled eggs. Eggs from a bottle.

There are places to get decent milk. Look around and spend a bit. Support the dairy farmers who actually give a shit

1 Like

Which are? Most are under contract with diaries, I guess the moment the milk is gone, they don’t care.
I’ve seen a goat farmer’s inventory of antibiotics and other medication for his goats, these animals stayed inside all their life.

Water water water now…

https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3538443

No one drinks tap water anyway

Where do you think all that “mineral water” comes from?

1 Like

I have been buying Kingcar water and was quite pleased with the flavor. However, recently I have noticed that when the bottle is about to finish, it smells…lemony. Like dish soap lemony.

Seriously, this place is gonna kill us.

And where does the water from the water stations come from?

Taiwan sourced food still scares me.

https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3548378

Seen it in 7-11

I never buy those fancy wrapped eggs, I know something is wrong with them.