Food Scandals, Safety, Recalls

Like a lot of ‘western’ countries, they are just breeding a generation of ‘food wimps’. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Some sliced prepacked bacon is reconstituted pork. Even from Costco.

Microwaves are bad for your health? Tell that to the dozens of people queuing for the wall of microwaves in the building I work in

Today is especially good day to eat at the night market and street stalls in the street.

All the ash in the air just enhances that unique Taiwan flavour.

2 Likes

Second time in 2 years this product Apple Sidra has been recalled.

They were fined $2.2M last year. Now again have almost two million bottles under recall.

Screenshot_20190824-163358_YouTube

1 Like

Why would anybody drink this stuff? Ingredients:
Carbonated Water (86.74%), Fructose, Cane Sugar (12.55%), Apple Juice Concentrate & Apple Juice (0.31%), Natural Apple Flavour (0.01%), Anti-oxidant (E330), Caramel.

Why would anyone drink Cola?
Ingredients:
CARBONATED WATER, HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, CARAMEL COLOR, PHOSPHORIC ACID, NATURAL FLAVORS, CAFFEINE.

Rum and coke :revolving_hearts:

2 Likes

Exactly.

It’s astonishing. A very successful brand can be based on bubbly water, sugar, and color.

I’ve reached the point of blaming the consumers. I cant see who else to blame anymore.

1 Like

SUGAR
when sugar will be considered as the most destructive drug worldwide then we will see changes.

I suggest an excellent documentary on why sugar is where it is today.

Sugar Coated -Documentary Film

free on dailymotion:
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x61x56l

1 Like

Make no mistake, sugar is the devil

2 Likes

it is more about governments allowing the excessive use of sugar everywhere without any strong regulation.
whether our local bubble teas, soft drinks, snacks, and basic food.

Even subsidizing the sugar industry. It’s all about jobs, agriculture.

$$$

1 Like

Obviously that is what else to blame not who. I’ve not gotten fat even with sugar. Cooked at home and minimised refined carbs.

If it comforts people to blame sugar that’s good, though. They like comforting.

i know - can still make a difference between what and who :joy:
you should definitely watch the first 10 min of the documentary -
it will be an eye opener -
:crazy_face:

At the risk of sounding like an arse, I’ve know about it for 10+ years. However, I will check out the documentary. Hopefully I haven’t already watched it.

Not so old documentary.
you will definitely like eat.

…it
:sweat_smile:

Shhhhhh there’s a gay mafia…shhhhhh the pope smokes dope…shhhhhhh sugar is bad for you :mask::zipper_mouth_face::money_mouth_face::speak_no_evil::see_no_evil::hear_no_evil: