Food we miss that is now MIA in Taiwan

Oh no…that sounds delicious!

Probably. But we won’t know until we try.

Cheez-It crackers. Last seen in Costco circa 2010

They have them at CitySuper in small snack size bags. Crazy expensive though. Over 100NT for a tiny bag.

“They have them at CitySuper in small snack size bags. Crazy expensive though. Over 100NT for a tiny bag.”

Well, at least they’re back. Though yes, definitely very costly.

Almond Butter from Kirkland.
Last seen in 2016.

That stuff is delicious!

Was.

Unless you know something that I don’t.

Sorry, I eat it when I’m back the the U.S. :sunglasses:

They used to. I remember having them as a teenager in Cowtown.

Lemon gin, not normal gin, was what had the reputation in Western Canada folklore. https://theginisin.com/gin-reviews/gilbeys-lemon-gin-collins/

I found real, good cinnamon buns at a bakery kiosk right outside the Sogo City Super. French bread, too. That was two weeks ago. I hadn’t seen that kiosk before, so I don’t know if it’s a long term thing or not.

I just want a Doner Kebab, in Kaohsiung, if anyone knows a place, I’ll buy you one if you tell me!

1 Like

What happened to McRibs? Haven’t seen them in ages…

They’ve never had them in Taiwan.
Closest they have is the Prosperity Burgers every CNY, like a McRib only with black pepper gravy.

Not true. Taiwan is the only place I’ve ever had McRibs (I wouldn’t be caught dead in a McDonald’s in the U.S.).

Edit: to be fair, they served it with teriyaki sauce instead of BBQ sauce.

1 Like

Is it because you had other options in the US and you go to McDonalds in Taiwan because that’s the only choice? Or is it true that McDonalds here really does taste better?

Everyone always says Taiwan’s McDonalds is better than America’s somehow. But I honestly haven’t eaten at any McDonalds anywhere in almost a decade so I can’t really investigate it myself.

1 Like

Because there are always better options available in the U.S. at every price point (hello, Taco Bell!). I haven’t been to McDonald’s in the States enough to really make a comparison, but I remember the fries being better. In Taiwan, they usually cook them too long, to the point where they get hard and dry.

1 Like

E0E8E2D0-836C-4AE2-908B-6F82415B35F9

Where was this? I don’t remember ever seeing fresh poblanos here.