FoodPanda & UberEats pay is so high, how?

Seems horribly inefficient, 100 scooters each delivering individually packaged and bagged lunches. Can’t they just serve up some food on prison trays in the basement to these little punks.

6 Likes

That will also mean either there will be fees you have to pay to join up or they’ll be selective about who they hire.

Another blow against a free economy. Soon they will be raped as badly as Uber was.

So that’s why!
I was staying at hospital during this week (checking out today, finally) and most of my meals were ordered and delivered via Food Panda. On the first few days, a meal would take less than 20 min to arrive, but in the last three days it was taking much longer, about 40min, and once even took 75 min to get it!
I had to cancel it twice because it was taking too long, even thought I ordered from the same restaurants as the other days and around the same time too, so I didn’t know why such big difference on delivery times.
Now, it makes sense.

adc

Edit: Only ordering online. Need to pick up yourself…

LINE User experience to order food. Should be entertaining…

Deliveroo terminated their services permanently in Taiwan.

There was some promotion in the news the other week about Uber eats delivering food from Ning Xia night market. It was touchy feely PR with the message being the service is a leg up for the night market vendors at this time.

Logged in last weekend to try and order and couldn’t see anything…

Just two days ago I saw a Deliveroo guy.

Mustn’t have checked his email.

2 Likes

Taiwan style innovation

Looks like foodpanda is winning

Wow, now I don’t need to go downstairs and get my stuff, I just call FoodPanda to bring it up!
I don’t know if you can it convenience or just lazy. But then the time away from the video game gets shortened, and playing Mahjong a dream, unless you lose.

Braised eggs, fresh milk, and potato chips are the top three most ordered items, while microwave food is emerging as a popular choice for those using the food courier service, said foodpanda.

Milk is in the top three. Maybe this will put an end to this meme we keep hearing that Taiwanese don’t drink milk.

It is getting pretty lazy now, people ordering from McDonald’s and having it delivered to my building and McDonald’s is a 2 minute walk across the street. How lazy can someone be. You can see it now on how fat people are.

The point is also, how is all this being delivered? The Fandas I see here in Hualien are loading up with plastic trays & bags galore. Throw in a few plastic utensils too.

This is all increasing one-off usage and our mountain of garbage. It’s exactly the opposite of where we should be heading, as a society.

5 Likes

When you order the apps let you choose if you need cutlery or not. I personally never use delivery services.