Football/Soccer In Taipei

Hi Nic

We have a ladies Gaelic football club in Taipei, and we’re looking for some new girls to get involved in the coming season. Gaelic football is basically a mix between soccer and basketball.

The club trains each weekend in Taipei, starting from around February and ending around October after the Asian Gaelic Games. We enter a team each year in this competition, and the TaiwanNu’s take on other ladies teams from all around Asia, its a great weekend. We’re looking to put a new team together for the coming season. 2009 saw the largest number of ladies teams ever participate in the Asian Games. Everyone will be out to beat the current ladies Champions Singapore G.A.A. in 2010

If you or any of the other girls here would like to come along and join us, shoot me an email at taiwancelts@gmail.com and I’ll put you on the mailing list for the club monthly newsletter. We would be delighted to welcome you and any of your friends along. We’ll be starting introductory training sessions in a few weeks time, and there’s plenty of social activities planned throughout the season too.

You can check out this video to see what the sport is like: taiwancelts.com/2007/index.php?o … &Itemid=64

Tony

www.taiwancelts.com

If it’s during week-end, I’m available.

Sorry, looks like I made 2 silly mistakes I need to correct…

1. I’m not sure if this posting was originally for guys or girls.

Regardless, our club has both mens and ladies teams.

1. Some people replied to say they were interested, but it seems very serious and maybe too competitive.

We’re not all that serious until it comes to tournaments and competitions, and our club always welcomes beginners who have never played before.

So even if you just want to join in for a kickabout on the weekend, and don’t want to play in the competitions, still very welcome along to meet everyone and join in

:slight_smile:

contact taiwancelts@gmail.com for more info

Can someone post a website link? I need the schedule of the games on the week end by the Dazhi Bridge. ALso team info, how to join etc…
Thank you.

[quote=“igorveni”]Can someone post a website link? I need the schedule of the games on the week end by the Dazhi Bridge. ALso team info, how to join etc…
Thank you.[/quote]

taiwanfootball.tv/index.php/Table/TPL/

Thanks.

I’m wondering if anyone participates or knows of any indoor leagues in Taipei area? I’d love to kick the ball around again…

I don’t think there’s any that are run and mainly participated in by foreigners although there might be a few Taiwanese ran games.

Its very hard to book a court off for something like that.

M

I am looking to form a one on one soccer league. I figure if you can do basketball one on one you can do soccer one on one.

You can contact me at M8R-wp6jts@mailinator.com

Hi Guys,

Looking for an expat social - competitive over 30s team to join.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Dave

Dave,

While there is no team in Taipei strictly for people over 30 there are a lot of teams that have a lot of players who are over thirty. There are two leagues that most expats in Taipei play in which are the CPL and the BML. The CPL is primarily an expat league with ten teams and something like 30-40 different nationalities of players. This league has roll on roll off subs so if you are worried about fitness etc it shouldn’t be a problem. The BML is run by a group of Taiwanese gentlemen, is more strictly run and has three expat teams at the moment. Right now I know there are a few teams looking for players including the Celts who play in the CPL. You can find contact deets and other info on www.taiwanfootball.com .

We are Jhubei F.C, Hsinchu County’s newest football/soccer club!
We play 5-a-sides once a week in Jhubei but are expanding to a full 11 player side so we can play friendly matches against some of the established teams around the island. If you love football/soccer, want to get fit, or just want to get together with a good group of guys, get in touch with us at jhubeifc@gmail.com

Oh right like urodacus and sandman weren’t three clicks behind my generally slow ass. And anyway don’t blame the messenger, man - I was lookin’ for a weekend football team about 6 months ago before I moved out to la tierra de la muerte here, to no avail. And that’s a football team, not soccer.

… which by the way I’m still lookin for if it’s a once a month thing on a weekend.

Let’s be honest, it’s football.
Only us North Americans would be arrogant enough to call a game where everyone uses their hands football and assume that everyone else in the world would stop calling a game where everyone uses their feet football.

JhubeiFC,

You might want to post a notice on the notice board of www.taiwanfootball.com. Or, if you want, write an article and send it along and I’ll put it on the front page in the news section to get it a little more attention.

Thanks booted one,
we are going to play some friendlies in taipei (know any teams who might be interested?) so having some extra players might help. Your kindness almost makesup for supporting the rags…almost. :stuck_out_tongue:

Jhubeifc,

I play for two teams in two different leagues in Taipei so you won’t have any trouble finding a team to play a friendly against. Let me know when you get the numbers and are ready to go and i’ll help you sort it out.

Ok, that makes up for it! We have 12 confirmed now but as soon as we have a few more subs, I’ll be in touch.
Thanks

We have a match on Sunday September 26th in Taipei. If anyone is interested in a run out, let me know.
We have a full squad for the game but we play with rolling subs, so anyone turning out will get some decent playing time.
Email me for details.
Cheers!

dam, didnt bring my boots to taipei with me =(