⚽ Football | Women’s World Cup 2023

:v: :v:

And straight men still complain about feminism.

We do? About this incident? Really?

Did men in the article you linked complain about feminism? I couldn’t open it as I don’t do the whole accept cookie thing. :idunno:

There’s no discussion about this incident at all here, which tells you all you need to know. People elsewhere are all outraged.

There isn’t any misogyny among gay men?

Obviously a lot less.

There are a lot of topics discussed elsewhere that are not discussed here.

I was actually surprised that this was controversial, thinking that people in Spain kiss their cheeks all the time as a form of greeting. Well, apparently their is a fine line that shall not be crossed, somewere between cheek and mouth, I guess. He should have known that line. I wouldn’t judge that situation until I know the exact relationship between the two and the customs of that country.

He groped every member in the team, and the one he kissed in the mouth is a LESBIAN.

His mom went on a hunger strike because of the allegation. Pathetic mama’s boy. The patriarchal culture continues to protect straight men’s disgusting behaviors and their fragile masculinity.

Spanish men are known for having a special relationship with their moms.

Question is, is this behavior wide-spread in Spain, or is he just an especially bad case? Since there has been an outcry in that country, it’s probably not cool to do so there.

It’s not about the country it’s about the toxic male culture.

In general, everywhere, in sports? Where are you going with this? This is a thread about the male World Cup in 2022…

Maybe there is something positive about that incident. It was in public on live TV. Everyone got mad, changes are more likely than if it would have been in a private setting.

Show me any other sporting event where a male official has kissed a female player on the lips.

I am ignorant, thought the Spanish do things like that… or they had a close relationship or something.

Or where a male official has kissed a male player on the lips.

Everywhere in general and specifically in sports because it’s the most toxic setting.

On live TV before an audience of one billion when half the squad has already walked out due to rampant sexism within the federation?

Or a female official has kissed a male player on the lips.

1 Like

Yeah pretty much there’s no lip kissing in sports.

I stand corrected! Teammates though, a little different.