⚽ Football | World Cup 2022

Ghana - South Korea was another great game.

Ronaldo claiming that goal for sure. Some of his hairs might have touched the ball.

Brazil through, not that impressive though.

So we are done with two rounds already.

Not making the knock-out stages:
Qatar
Canada

Expected, although, the first game by the Canucks was great. Qatar? Good riddance, the way the fans left early way before the final whistle showed me that they don’t appreciate the privilege of hosting the tournament.

Through to the knock-out stages:
France
Brazil

Expected, both will go far in the tournament for sure.

1 Like

I enjoyed Ghana v South Korea, last 20 mins watching S Korea dominate the Ghanaian goal end, just couldn’t get past the defence.

2 Likes

Hamivideo (for which I only paid 149ntd) will broadcast the Netherlands vs Qatar match tonight. Any idea how I can watch the other one (Ecuador vs Senegal) online?

1 Like

You must be able to select which match you want to watch since they say they are showing all 64 games.

1 Like

Oh yes. I think I found the webpage where I can select the game.

1 Like

I could point you to some streams, but I’m sure that’s not allowed on this site.
Google. As a verb.

Sad maybe both Japan and Korea will not get to the next round/level.

1 Like

USA and Iran match 3am local Taiwan time.

:soccer:

Went to one bar, they only have one feed (multiple TVs) and mostly Europeans so they show the England Welsh match showing at the same time. No worries.

:wall:

Went by a like three or more other bars and they’re all fully :zero: empty so I don’t want to sit in empty bar and watch.

:noway:

So I’m home watching USA and Iran match on local TV channels.

:melting_face:

2 Likes

HUGE FAIL by whoever decided to show the world cup matches live on local Taiwan tv.

Showing live on TV in Taiwan I think possibly damaged the local establishments business.

1 Like

Not everyone wants the traditional British pub experience.

Traditional British pub? I’m in Taipei. There are no traditional British pubs in Taipei. A few places try to be and only a couple places that even come close.

I checked out a variety of pubs/ cocktail bars / late night establishments.

Do you think it would have made a difference at three am on a Wednesday?

People don’t normally go to the pub because they can’t watch it at home. They go for the atmosphere. That’s why you went home to watch it.

1 Like

Yeah I know. I mean watching the game at the pub with one’s mates.

TV at home works for me.

1 Like

Goooooooaaaallll

1 Like

Well played the Socceroos! Great team spirit! Memories of 2006!

Mexico got beaten by the math. Man what an ending.

1 Like

Yeah and Poland playing those 3 matches so terrible that I was almost cheering for Mexico towards the end…

Anyway, first time in my life and after 36 years we’ve finally advanced from the group stage again.
I hope the curse is broken now and we can at least show some fighting spirit while loosing with France in the next game :smiley:

What the… I thought Mexico was through. I don’t like it when teams that mostly defend advance and the attacking teams go out, but that is football.

2 Likes

I don’t think the euphoria will last long - next game is against Argentina on Saturday.

Costa Rica and Japan currently in the next round!!!

What a choke job by Germany

Also Spain, what a lazy-ass effort by them

:joy:

1 Like