⚽ Football | World Cup 2022

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: :soccer: Football | UEFA Champions League

World Cup winner Julian Alvarez and City newly minted Champions of England! In three weeks he can complete the treble with his City teammates (Champions of Europe and FA Cup). Pep would win his second treble (Barcelona and City). A remarkable achievement.

(Eto’o the only player to win a couple trebles (consecutively too.) Barcelona and Internazionale.) Barcelona the common denominator in all this :slight_smile:

11 posts were split to a new topic: :soccer: Football/Soccer | MLS - Messi in Miami

Happy Birthday to Michael Laudrup.

Our World Cup winner Messi is the BOAT, but many say that THIS is the most technically gifted player. Ever.

If he was Brazilian he’d be held in higher regard.

Enjoy Laudrup indeed.

(JB and JT better perform. “If I score, I’m French. If I don’t, I’m Arab.” Karim Benzema.)

World Cup runner up (and erstwhile winner) Kylian Mbappe offered US$ 776 million for one season by the Saudis (in requisite Audis).

Not too shabby.

The mind boggles. If that’s the going rate for World Cup runners-up, what is it for World Cup winners and the BOAT (Best Of All Time) Messi. Goodness.

Damian Lillard 63 million
Kylian Mbappe 776 million

Messi Sheer Insanity

28 posts were merged into an existing topic: :soccer: Football | Women’s World Cup 2023