Football World Cup

All football world cup games will be played at The Londoner restaurant & bar in English.

Full schedule is available at the bar.

143 Hwai Mei West Street. 04 2314 6191.

For the World Cup The Londoners promotions are:

1. Budweiser - buy 2 get 1 free plus a gift

2. Chicken kebab in pita & San Miguel for $280

3. Regular cocktails sucj as gin/tonic, whisky coke for $100nt

4. Buy 1 pizza & get a second half price.

5. 100 free shots when England plays

Hope to see you there & naturally Go on England!!!

143 Hwai Mei West Street. Near Sogo. 04 2314 6919.

to be fair paul,“when england plays”,it means more often than not that it’s middle of night,like yesterday,there wasn’t any food available,i can understand that the time isn’t convenient for staff/owner,but at least get pizzas delivered and charge accordingly,as for the free booze…i bought a drink and was never offered any free shots

[quote=“Paul”]All football world cup games will be played [color=red]at[/color] The Londoner restaurant & bar in English.

Full schedule is available at the bar.

143 Hwai Mei West Street. 04 2314 6191.[/quote]

Bloody hell Paul, how’d you get all the teams to agree to play inside the pub? :smiley:

dablindfrog,
I got free shots both times England played. They brought them round on a little tray. I saw the first two matches there and whilst the staff were undoubtedly rushed off their feet they were super friendly throughout. One guy even offered to help me carry my beer up the stairs for me. (Ok, so I was rocking a little at the time!)

yeah nothing wrong with the staff,they’re actually real good,specially the one with the “daisy duke” pants,lol

ok so maybe i didn’t see the trays in the darkness,or maybe it was all gone already as i arrived 5 minutes after kick-off,hahaha

best should be to offer them when punters order their own drinks,only fair when peoples make the effort to go to a pub at 3AM!

still,my point about the food is valid,because drinking without eating can make a blindfrog or a tom hill rock and need help before 1/2 time

We sold the pub a couple of weeks ago & ‘Sunny’ did have food on during the game - chips. Not too exciting but we’re filling.

Plenty of shot came out during the game - during first half and second half. Its suprising you missed them.

anyway Go On England

so who’s the new owner?
is it still going to remain english themed?

I have watched the World Cup live from day one, and the only place to get great coverage with English commentary and great atmosphere is at the LONDONER!!!

I have been all around Taichung, and the rest of the bars just don’t touch the LONDONER!

In fact, the only way you can enjoy the football anywhere else is if you speak Chinese!!!

And even then, you cannot get the KICK-ASS food that the LONDONER offers, plus the fuckin’ cheap drink deals!

Go there, I know everyone else will!!!

[quote]For the World Cup The Londoners promotions are:

1. Budweiser - buy 2 get 1 free plus a gift [/quote]

Granted I’m no Englishman, but that doesn’t look like much of an English theme.

HG

[quote=“dickweed”]I have watched the World Cup live from day one, and the only place to get great coverage with English commentary and great atmosphere is at the LONDONER!!!

I have been all around Taichung, and the rest of the bars just don’t touch the LONDONER!

In fact, the only way you can enjoy the football anywhere else is if you speak Chinese!!!

And even then, you cannot get the KICK-ASS food that the LONDONER offers, plus the fuckin’ cheap drink deals!

Go there, I know everyone else will!!![/quote]

doesn’t this look like an “eager to promote my own business.(but in a very terrible manner)” type of post…c’mon,you could have squeezed a few more “londoner” is awesome in that… :smiley: :bravo:

cheers for that Tom Hill & Dickweed.

I guess theres not alot one can do with a blind frog - pitty it i guess.

[quote=“Paul”]

I guess theres not alot one can do with a blind frog - pitty it I guess.[/quote]

:noway: :loco:

:uk: :yay: :Europe: