For all ERNESTA DUNBAR FANS!

Hi All,

My good friend Ernesta Dunbar, who is a very talented jazz singer, will be performing at The Westin in The Churchill Lounge (3rd floor) on Friday, November 24th from 9-11PM. There will be a full band accompanying Ernesta and it should be an exciting affair. The Churchill Lounge is a semi-fancy place so no tennis shoes and jeans, please.

The cover charge will be $700 NT.

Ernesta Dunbar will be performing with a stellar group of musicians so please be sure to check them out if you have time!

Sincerely,

Rachel

Sounds interesting. Can you tell us a bit more (names, etc.)?

Sure thing! Ernesta Dunbar has released a hit in the US called “Dont follow me” in the late 80’s and has performed with musicians such as Grover Washington Jr, Bobby Brown, and Teddy Pendergrass. She’s spent quite a bit of time in Asia but has spent the past couple of years performing in Taiwan. On piano is Jason Hu. He is a self-taught jazz pianist who was the first Taiwanese person to perform in a jazz concert at the National Music Hall (in Chaing Kai Shek Memorial Hall) He has recorded and performed with several pop singers here in Taiwan, and has also appeared on the Taiwanese version of the Grammys. On drums is Martin who’s unique sense of rhythm has landed him a regular gig at the popular night spot, Brown Sugar. On double bass is John Huang. I can’t give you the name of the saxaphone player, because I forgot his name. I’ll post it as soon as I know.

The Churchill Lounge is a cigar bar, so the atmosphere is very relaxed and laid back. People go there to talk and listen to music. If you have any more questions, let me know!