For Americans living in Taiwan,

does the position of a candidate for President affect how you will vote in November?

Why on earth would anyone bother to vote who is a permanent resident here? The votes are, as far as I know, not counted because of how the electoral college is set up. If you don’t have a state of residence, your selection can not be represented by a vote by the electoral college, thereby negating your vote.

And yes, if I though it would be counted, their positions would make a difference.

If he stands well, I just might vote for him. That said, I never vote for anyone who bends over. And for any candidate who lies, phfffft. :fatchance:

For absentee voting purposes, your state of residence is the last state in which you resided prior to leaving the US, even if you have no intention of returning to reside in that particular state.

Why on earth would anyone bother to vote who is a permanent resident here? The votes are, as far as I know, not counted because of how the electoral college is set up. If you don’t have a state of residence, your selection can not be represented by a vote by the electoral college, thereby negating your vote.

And yes, if I though it would be counted, their positions would make a difference.[/quote]

i believe you’re wrong. your vote is counted in your home state, even though you are not a resident there. they give you a special presidential ballot, you can not vote in the local elections.

i voted for clinton last time, got my vote for sending warren christopher onto tv to tell china to fork off with his best rat faced grin. last year was too uninspiring a choice to fill out the form, this year seems to be heading in that direction!

For absentee voting purposes, your state of residence is the last state in which you resided prior to leaving the US, even if you have no intention of returning to reside in that particular state.[/quote]

This is correct. I just sent in my Georgia primary ballot, though the candidate I was going to vote for had already dropped out.