For Camera Enthusiasts

So good to hear, I’m historically canon as well.

Will def demo some units out; not in Tw though.

Has anyone here owned hasselblads before? I’m also eyeing the h6d.

Why? Is it fixed at like f8 or something

f 4.5/6.7 is a bit oof indoors or at night

Yeah 6.7 is rubbish as soon as the light starts to go. I’m going to buy the 50-140 with fixed f2.8 next, maybe add the 1.4 converter to match the reach of the xc.

loving my mirror-less Leica CL

Let’s talk filters.

When I began my collection, because of my cine background I just went straight to 100mm with filter holders. I’ve found it a bit on the bulkier side for travel, but if it’s the best option then I’ll still stick with it. My one complaint used to be light leaks, but lately there have been options that are good with shielding that.

I’ve also heard there are magnetic systems for circular threaded filters that don’t require you to screw em in, which would quicken the workflow and be much nicer than standing/sitting there to unscrew/screw when you need to swap.

How about you guys?

I just have a single ND filter for my 16 mm lens.

Late to this but I have an old Canon EOS Rebel T3i. It’s serviceable. I had to put the hobby on hold for a long time though because lenses cost more than I could comfortably afford. I suppose now I have the resources to pick it back up…

Leica Q mostly these days. I used a Sony A7r for the five or six years before the Q.

I know someone who uses a Leica. Those cameras are so expensive. Craziness.

Yes, the digital M’s are crazy expensive. Luckily the Q was much more affordable.

I got a vintage m6 from the flea market for $80. Not that expensive.

I’ve gone back to those a couple of times (Even though I know I probably won’t end up getting it; I just kinda dig the form factor). I love Leica, especially since I own a set of vintage leica summicrons which I love to death.

What kinds of glass you got with yours?

In recent years Canon released a lot of reasonably cheap lenses that perform surprisingly well. For their aps-c cameras there is now a nice set of zooms (10-18, 18-55 and 55-250 all with the STM focusing system), and also a handful of primes like 24 f2.8 STM (super tiny!), and 40 f2.8/50 1.8 STM (for full frame but still ok on aps-c cameras).
I’ve used all of them and apart from the 18-55 STM which is a bit meh they’re all very good lenses. The price is also fairly low and there are tons available second hand.

I just have an adjustable ND filter and a polarizing filter. In most cases, I find the lens coating does the trick just fine.

I actually like the 18-55 STM. I was expecting it to just be a crappy kit lens, but I’ve gotten some surprisingly good images out of it. I don’t mind the soft corners.

It’s not utter trash, but compared to the 10-18 and 55-250 stm it’s a step behind. When I was shooting aps-c I sold the 18-55 and replaced it with the 24mm pancake lens. 10-18 + 24 + 55-250 was a very nice and compact kit.

This one is on my list. I have the 22mm and I love it.

We talking Sony?

Canon APS-C lenses.

No, it’s a photography thread, that would be off topic.