For foreigners who have legally stayed over 180 days in Taiwan, MOI will provide automatic 30-day visa extensions

I know just brilliant I went in to Immigration, hand my passport over, another stamp giving me 2 more Months with a smile from The attractive lady dealing with it.
What more could you want.
Taiwan is top class.

6 Likes

You have to stamp your passport?

what more do you want? for them to have done this a month earlier then i would still be there lol.

2 Likes

Only if you have anxiety. It addresses this in the FAQ.

You should at the best least call, though. You give them your passport number and they tell you the last date you can leave.

1 Like

They literally did do this a month earlier. And a month before that. And a month before that. Etc.

1 Like

I mean for 180 days +.

Me too. This is the third of those.

No stamp needed

1 Like

Im asking them to change the dangerous visa run to change visa statusā€¦
Normal times yes its ok, but now its very life threatening

They have changed a little of visa runs for some types of students ,
Please change and review all visa runs

1 Like

Why is it dangerous ? (Life threatening)

Oh, there is something called covid. Not sure if you have heard about itā€¦

2 Likes

I mean a month earlier than they started it, anyway i donā€™t mind having an extended trip back home, it was due. i just mind being surrounded by selfish twats who STILL think this virus is some sort of joke.

1 Like

I need a visit home for various important reasons, but avoiding it for that reason.

2 Likes

No announcement yet for October. Is it over?

Look out on Fri evening

I hope its not over , the world is turning to a shitshow

1 Like

Well if the return of ā€œnormalā€ isnā€™t anywhere on the horizon continuing to extend indefinitely doesnā€™t seem realistic without some changes.

Tourists on these extensions donā€™t have the legal right to work in Taiwan and after 183 days, they become tax residents. So there are issues connected with the extensions long term.

Dang so its over?

No idea. I think Taiwan has treated tourists very, very fairly. More fairly than many countries. But I personally donā€™t see how any country can let tourists stay forever if the pandemic situation is going to stay dire for perhaps another year or 2.

What happens on Friday evening?