For men, do you ever feel like a slave to your sexual desires?

You look at a beautiful face, big boobs, perky ass, long legs and you feel like doing her right there and then.

Not saying that sex is wrong (or right).

It is just this slavedom to your thoughts which I think is extremely wrong.

Why should I feel horny, why should I feel this impulse to mate with any attractive woman whom I met on the streets?

Can’t I choose whether to be horny or not whenever I see an attractive woman? Can’t I choose whether to like a woman or not our of my own rational mind and not just merely based on the irrational stirrings of my loins?

There is no right or wrong in liking a woman for men.

But when your emotions and dick get the better of your rational mind at the sight of a woman, when you lose control of your emotions and dick, then there’s something extremely wrong indeed.

Not preaching to anyone in here but just sharing my thoughts.

I have always been been someone who refuse to be controlled by anything or anyone, not a pair of fantastic boobs or even my own dick or my own heart.

Cheers.

The species must live on. Your petty desires have no significance, relatively speaking.

You are right. My desires are petty but so is the survival of the species on my list of priorities.

I, for one, couldn’t give two hoots about the survival of the species. Nor am I asking for annihilation of the species, do not misunderstand me.

My consciousness just refuse to be controlled by anyone or anything. Period. Not even if you threaten me with death.

You mean to tell me you aren’t flogging the dolphin before you go out?

[quote=“jdsmith”]
You mean to tell me you aren’t flogging the dolphin before you go out?[/quote]

Flogging the dolphin? Good grief! Did you just make that one up?

How about “Polishing the orca”? “Massaging the unicorn”? I thought these things were supposed to be obscene!

[quote=“crystaleye”]You look at a beautiful face, big boobs, perky ass, long legs and you feel like doing her right there and then.

Not saying that sex is wrong (or right).

It is just this slavedom to your thoughts which I think is extremely wrong.

Why should I feel horny, why should I feel this impulse to mate with any attractive woman whom I met on the streets?

Can’t I choose whether to be horny or not whenever I see an attractive woman? Can’t I choose whether to like a woman or not our of my own rational mind and not just merely based on the irrational stirrings of my loins?

There is no right or wrong in liking a woman for men.

But when your emotions and dick get the better of your rational mind at the sight of a woman, when you lose control of your emotions and dick, then there’s something extremely wrong indeed.

Not preaching to anyone in here but just sharing my thoughts.

I have always been been someone who refuse to be controlled by anything or anyone, not a pair of fantastic boobs or even my own dick or my own heart.

Cheers.[/quote]

Thanks for posting this. I’ll have to show it to the wife when she gets home. She thinks it’s just me who’s like this.

Just curious why you exclude women from this discussion. I’m sure us men aren’t the only one at the mercy of our hormones. Example: yes, your honour, the defendant did slice her husband into tiny pieces with a rusty cleaver, but in her defence, she did have PMS at the time.

And to answer the question: it helps to remind yourself, when you see a particularly impressive specimen waltzing down the street in way-too-short-shorts, that you ain’t all that and you don’t have a hope in hell. You are then free to concentrate on more important matters, like whatever fascinating thing you’re supposed to be doing at the office.

Just enjoy the fact that you’re alive and have eyes in your head (and a good imagination, no doubt). No need for the self-imposed guilt trip.

And personally, I think ‘spanking the monkey’ is hilarious.

[quote=“finley”]

And personally, I think ‘spanking the monkey’ is hilarious.[/quote]

The phrase or the act?

After almost 13 years, I still look at my wife like this. She has mixed feelings about it.

I’m still youthful enough to have hope. :smiley:

You are right. My desires are petty but so is the survival of the species on my list of priorities.

I, for one, couldn’t give two hoots about the survival of the species. Nor am I asking for annihilation of the species, do not misunderstand me.

My consciousness just refuse to be controlled by anyone or anything. Period. Not even if you threaten me with death.[/quote]

I think your genes and penis says otherwise. It will be controlled by the desire to reproduce.

Imho, the OP is either a 16 year old boy or a woman with some pretty obvious ideas about men. :neutral:

All I know is, If I didn’t have a penis as distraction, I could be both president of the United States and an astronaut. Bill Clinton at least did one of those while still being distracted.

This has been covered a long long time ago by Socrates (or Plato) in Phaedrus and the metaphor of chariot/horses. Suggest it as a good read.

soul, says Socrates, is like the “natural union of a team of winged horses and their charioteer”. While the gods have two good horses, everyone else has a mixture: one is beautiful and good, while the other is neither

That’s why some societies became misogynistic after rejecting women as waste of time (ie slave to desire) to pursue higher things like philosophy, science, accomplishment and maybe pederasty. Of course, that may be overcompensating.

Well, I would sometimes feel that right after sex, however once I get horny again, it disappears - brrr.

It’s all natural, and the urge to reproduce should be celebrated, not scorned upon.

But maybe that is why Clinton got into politics in the first place, to get more power and with that comes more women!

I have always said that if someone has the drive to become a Senator or Congressman they probably cheat on their wife. There may be a few exceptions but I would guess that 75 percent of male Senators and Representatives have had an extra marital affair while in office.

My consciousness just refuse to be controlled by anyone or anything. Period. Not even if you threaten me with death.[/quote]

This misses the point. You are the product of genes in two organisms that were driven (at least in part) by the survival of the species. If you/your genes do not follow suit, then your genes will not be passed down to the next generation and any “self-control” you have will simply disappear from existence. I find it very hard to take people seriously who choose not to have kids.

steelersman: Not just those who get into politics. People at the top of their game in any field. Plenty of great writers, philosophers, artists, athletes, businessmen, generals and all the rest of them were sexual tyrannosauruses.

But maybe that is why Clinton got into politics in the first place, to get more power and with that comes more women!

I have always said that if someone has the drive to become a Senator or Congressman they probably cheat on their wife. There may be a few exceptions but I would guess that 75 percent of male Senators and Representatives have had an extra marital affair while in office.[/quote]

This is why most politicians are corrupt!

If you do not even have a top-notch moral compass for your own personal life, what hope would you have of constructing a morally upright society for the citizens?

This misses the point. You are the product of genes in two organisms that were driven (at least in part) by the survival of the species. If you/your genes do not follow suit, then your genes will not be passed down to the next generation and any “self-control” you have will simply disappear from existence. I find it very hard to take people seriously who choose not to have kids.

steelersman: Not just those who get into politics. People at the top of their game in any field. Plenty of great writers, philosophers, artists, athletes, businessmen, generals and all the rest of them were sexual tyrannosauruses.[/quote]

Really? In any field? Most writers? Most philosophers? Most artists? Most athletes? (just goes to show how much you know about sports) LOL… Give us some official stats please for your libidinous outlook on humanity.

In this thread alone, it has already been shown that the greeks, one of the highest philosophical civilizations in the history of mankind, eschew sex as a way of life.

Mohammed Ali, some say the greatest boxer in history, has a tradition of staying celibate for periods of up to a year to prepare his body for grueling fights.

Some artists I know stay away from sex as they find their creativity juices becomes more potent when the blood flows from their groin to their brains.

There are occupations and there are occupations.

I find it very hard to take those seriously who think that procreational leisurely sex is the be all and end all of human existence.

[quote=“Jack Burton”]This has been covered a long long time ago by Socrates (or Plato) in Phaedrus and the metaphor of chariot/horses. Suggest it as a good read.

soul, says Socrates, is like the “natural union of a team of winged horses and their charioteer”. While the gods have two good horses, everyone else has a mixture: one is beautiful and good, while the other is neither

That’s why some societies became misogynistic after rejecting women as waste of time (ie slave to desire) to pursue higher things like philosophy, science, accomplishment and maybe pederasty. Of course, that may be overcompensating.[/quote]

There isn’t any difference between homosexuality and heterosexuality when it comes to sexual desires. Both involve pleasuring your dick at the expense of everything else regardless of whether it be with a male or female.

Socrates and Plato both eschew sex and encourage celibacy as a way of life.

The question is, why would such high-level thinkers think that sex is harmful to them? Why would that be the case?