For what don't you pine

1. Having to get a prescription for nearly every non-Bactine medicine.

2. Indredibly slow drivers.

3. People who have hissy fits over tiny things, like when you accidentally grab the wrong cart in the aisles at the supermarket.

4. The notion that you have to have a car. You have to have one and it has to be a reflection of your style and personality, and the fact that most people don’t realize this is just a long ingrained bullshit advertising spin.

4.5 Filthy public transportation.

1. Uppity minorities.

2. People in poverty and welfare who don’t seem to understand that buying food and paying bills and finding work comes before buying a DVD and renting movies.

3. Seeing people buy Haagen-Dazs with food stamps, then step into a brand-new car.

4. Restaurants that obviously are selling frozen food. Even the nicer ones are doing that.

5. Why am I supposed to care that the overpriced, professional athletes in your city beat the overpriced, professional athletes from my city in a sports competition?

6. People who pick their candidates because that’s who God is telling them to pick or that’s what the Bible says.

Ignorant-ass kids with multiple body piercings and foul mouths who speak in some mutant dialect of MTV Ebonics, rampaging around in baggies hanging halfway down their ass, on skateboards, generally not giving a shit about anything and disrespectfully so, sometimes violently.

Get off my lawn! (waves cane, sits back grumpily in rocking chair)

ya.I don’t miss skateboards. There is noise and there is noise. Skateboards and Pushcarts rattling down alleyways…such an irritating grind. The west end of Vancouver is particularly nasty for this.

I must say, I always founf the dialect hilarious…

That’s heinous, dude…

Uppity anyone.

stuck up American/ Canadian gurls, expecially dem CBC/ABC’s…

Being in a city full of conservatives (rather than an online forum with some scattered here and there…not too dissimilar from manure, actually :smiling_imp:)

People who make comments like “all those slanty-eyed children you teach”

Feeling my stomach drop at the sight of a pick-up truck with a confederate flag bumper sticker because the two together never mean anything good

The annual lighting of the Klan cross (or would that be Kross) along with menorahs, Christmas trees, and Kwanzaa candles in Fountain Square for the holidays

Being followed around in a clothing store

The word “carb”. You’d think the idiots would realize that you use just a little more energy every time you say “carbohydrates”; then they wouldn’t have to be so obsessed with not eating them.

Teenage girls who have no respect for themselves or others, pushing around their two or three kids in a filthy stroller at the mall trying to hook up with yet another man

Not being able to go anywhere or do anything without a car

The irony behind convenient stores being so far away you have to drive to get to one

600 TV channels tempting me away from my already frail and pathetic social life (but God I miss Monk)

Jerry Springer

[quote=“ImaniOU”]
Feeling my stomach drop at the sight of a pick-up truck with a confederate flag bumper sticker because the two together never mean anything good[/quote]

Umm, where in the hell do you come from…:astonished:

[quote]
The annual lighting of the Klan cross (or would that be Kross) along with menorahs, Christmas trees, and Kwanzaa candles in Fountain Square for the holidays[/quote]
Ummm agian, where do you come from, so i don’t go there, even by ‘accident’

[quote]
Being followed around in a clothing store
[/quote]:noway: I second that!!!

I once knew this West Indian, from St. Lucia, who told me about traveling around seeing pickup trucks with Confederate flags in places like Jamaica, and asking the driver, “What the @#&?”

“That’s the rebel flag, mon, and I’m a rebel!”

“No, you dumbass, that’s the folks in white sheets that gonna lynch you ass!”

[quote=“namastestore”][quote=“ImaniOU”]
Feeling my stomach drop at the sight of a pick-up truck with a confederate flag bumper sticker because the two together never mean anything good[/quote]

Umm, where in the hell do you come from…:astonished:

[quote]
The annual lighting of the Klan cross (or would that be Kross) along with menorahs, Christmas trees, and Kwanzaa candles in Fountain Square for the holidays[/quote]
Ummm agian, where do you come from, so I don’t go there, even by ‘accident’[/quote]

Cincinnati OH. Ohio being a state with lots of Klan activity…more than even some southern states. Google Ohio and the names of several Southern states and only Florida, Missisippi, and Georgia come up with more sites (mostly historical whereas Ohio’s are about events 5 years or less ago).
But the last burning cross at Christmastime was in 2002… They didn’t put anything up last year.

Did I mention Jerry Springer used to be the mayor of Cincinnati?

:ponder:

Yes, those minorities should just know their place and stay there. Thankfully, one would never find an ‘uppity minority’ here in Taiwan. Oh, wait…

Things I don’t miss:

-Insane taxes
-High cost of living
-Service staff (and other random people) with major attitude. Given the choice, I would generally pick pleasant incompetence over efficient-with-snarl for my consumer experiences

Hmmm, that would be mostly it. I even miss the graffiti.

[quote=“ImaniOU”]
Cincinnati OH. Ohio being a state with lots of Klan activity…more than even some southern states. Google Ohio and the names of several Southern states and only Florida, Missisippi, and Georgia come up with more sites (mostly historical whereas Ohio’s are about events 5 years or less ago).
But the last burning cross at Christmastime was in 2002… They didn’t put anything up last year.

Did I mention Jerry Springer used to be the mayor of Cincinnati?

:ponder:[/quote]

Cincy, eh? Do you pine for Five-Way Chili?

The Klan activity surprises me. I didn’t know there was such a thing north of the Ohio River.

I used to live in Louisville, KY, just downriver from your hometown. There was a Klan rally on the steps of the courthouse in Louisville a few years ago. Those pathetic Klansmen & Klanswoman (yes, one Klanswoman) were outnumbered 100 to 1 by counterdemonstrators. We made sure they knew that they were unwelcome. Louisville is quite liberal (thankfully)for a city in the South.

1. Taxes and other add-ons that make anything priced at $9.99 really cost $13.32.

2. Telemarketers calling me every fucking day.

3. Uppity majorities.

4. The Curse of The Bambino. Oh wait, I forgot, the Curse is dead!!! :beer: :bravo:

Not necessarily in any order:

24% income tax.
17.5% vat on everything except basic food.
Council tax.
Late trains.
Speed cameras.
Late buses.
Tony Blair and the Labour government.
Yuppies in suits on mobile phones.
Bling.
The EU.
Boy racers in 15 year old 1.1cc Ford Fiestas with aerofoils.
“Can I help you?” every time I walk into a shop.
Grafitti and smashed telephone boxes.
Chewing gum stuck to the pavement/bench/train window/door handles
Silly speed limits
Excessive human rights laws.
Expensive petrol.
Bus lanes
Boring Industrial Estates
Milton Keynes
Council houses
Loitering youths
Pregnant 14 year olds
Political correctness
Bank closing/openinig times
Shop closing/opening times
Somerfield and ASDA
Emmerdale farm and Crossroads
Pop Idol and Big Brother
The Rotunda in Birmingham
Ring roads
11 year old girls dressed and made up like 25 year old women (with thongs and padded Bras)

I thought it was Illinois and Indiana that were the serious Klan states.

“I hate Illinois Nazis” - Jake Elwood

A very close friend of mine from Kentucky (she’s as blond/blue eyed as you can get) said that there are parts of Eastern Kentucky she wouldn’t dare go to day or night. There’s a lot of really whacked KKK types all over the place. It didn’t seem to me that Kentucky was such a hotbed of KKK activity. :idunno:

It’s funny, because where I come from (Arkansas) the southern half of the state has very little Klan activity, while the quasi-midwestern northern section is where you see all the Klan rallies. I think it might have something to do with the fact that in the Delta, we got lots of black folks, and they don’t put up with the KKK these days - any white folks try that shit, they’re the ones getting lynched. (WAIBNWBW - “Walking Around In a Black Neighborhood While Being White” - just in itself can be hazardous, as I can testify) But in the areas where there aren’t any black people, it’s safe to be KKK.

Tipping
Having to drive everywhere (high gas prices)
Snow (cold weather in general)
High taxes
The rat race fast paced lifestyle (keeping up with the Jonses’)
Chance of running into my ex