For you married folks, when did you know s/he was the one?

When did you know that you would marry your other half?

• I am a man and I knew the day I met her (him) or very soon after.
  • I am a woman and I knew the day I met him (her) or very soon after.
  • I am a man and I didn’t know until much later.
  • I am a woman and I didn’t know until much later.
  • Oh shit! I’m Married?!?! How did that happen?
  • I’m not married but I was feeling left out of your little poll so I need to check this little box here.

0 voters

It is strange to me. Guys always seem to say they knew right away whereas women always seem to say “I couldn’t stand him”.
I don’t get that…

[quote=“SuchAFob”]It is strange to me. Guys always seem to say they knew right away whereas women always seem to say “I couldn’t stand him”.
I don’t get that…[/quote]

Guys are smarter, and better judges of character… :wink:

My wife was my teacher 21 years ago, and I liked her immediately, and knew soon that she was the one i wanted.

She still laughs about the first time she saw me and her reaction. It was my first day of classes and I was sitting on the stairs watching Taiwanese co-eds walk by at the university. I was 22 yrs old, and fresh of the boat to taiwan… I was having a marvelous time watching the girls, and looking them up and down. As my wife walked by, and I had no idea she was to be my teacher, I gave her a very thorough and obvious look-over. She always reminds me that at that time, she said to herself that she could never marry a guy like me. In class that day (one to one) she had me say the bopomofo and kept telling me that my pronunciation was terrible.

Ha!

She knew immediately. It took me a good long while to figure out that she was the one. Obtuseness on my part. Thank the gods she’s patient.

I’m married 9 years and still don’t know :s :blush:

On a completely unrelated note: 300 posts! Woohoo! Throw dem chairs!

4 replies and 11 votes!

hmmmmmm :astonished:

I knew right away.

[quote=“SuchAFob”]It is strange to me. Guys always seem to say they knew right away whereas women always seem to say “I couldn’t stand him”.

Name your sources for this, I don’t recall ever hearing any women say this, sounds anecdotal at best, if not pandering.
I’d say, off hand, that the moment I realized there were a lot more in the world like YOU than there were like HER, it was a pretty much done deal.
And the poll choices are useless.

Love at first sight for me. I was with friends when I first met her, and they still remember my reaction: :bouncy: :heart: :lovestruck: :pray: :thanks: :bouncy: :heart: :lovestruck:

She was curious about me to some extent - she said I was very thoughtful - but it wasn’t love at first sight for her. But while other guys were trying to get her drinks (she wasn’t drinking that night), I went and got her water. A few other guys were chatting her up, but I didn’t even interrupt - I just gave her the water with a wink and walked away. :wink: Never did get her phone number that night, but I spent the next few days trying to find out who she was, and finally showed up at a party that I thought she might be at. She was! (with her boyfriend, however :astonished: ). My charm and wit and suave debonair-ness soon convinced her that I was the one for her.

Oh, and my funky dance moves. :banana:

Did you pretend to get her drinks and drink them yourself? :smiling_imp:

I knew just as soon as my visa application failed… :smiling_imp:

I kid you not…I was standing at the bar when she rolled up and said “24 Tequila shots please.” I knew right then and there she was the one.

Chou

I knew right away.

Happily separated now. :sunglasses:

Myself, I still don’t know. Pretty sure it had something to do with slipping one past the goalie.
Nudge, Nudge… :wink:

I knew after she called me on my own bullshit…and it didn’t bother me.

I knew right away.

so how do you know

I knew the moment I saw the pregnancy test result.

DAD? Is that you?

I always thought “she’s great, she’s the best, one day we’ll get married.” But I never really worried too much about when that day would be. She thought about it more than I did. Can honestly say, though, that I feel happier now that we’re married.

how old did you guys get married…what’s the ideal age to get married for men and women, in asia and americas