Ford- I'm not buyin' it

There’s a Ford TV commercial that I find implausible.
A Taiwanese man and woman walk together to an underground parking lot, and he tricks her into thinking that his car is the crappy old beater. She grabs the door handle to get in, and the car alarm goes off. Haha! Everyone has a good laugh at the clever trick he’s played on her. (this part is fairly realistic)
But . . . 10 seconds later, driving along in the car, he opens a little box and Voila! A diamond ring! Yes! He’s proposing to her! Oh! What a joyful moment they share as she accepts and rests her head on his shoulder.
So, are we to believe that she knew so little about this man that she didn’t know if he drove a beat-up clunker or a FancyNewFord, and yet they were at this stage in their relationship where he would propose, and she would accept?
I’m not buyin’ it!
I say commercials are just trying to sell us stuff, and they don’t even Care if their storyline is believable.
Kinda makes me wonder if I can trust Jolin’s expertise in beer, cognac, and watches.

2 Likes

kind of like trusting that her breasts have always been that firm?

Was at the movies in the east bay last night and had to see 20 mins of ads
OMG our ads these days are trying to out do each other in pure stupidity

They are being so stupid as to stand out on purpose

I said out loud American ads are the stupidest in the whole world

“I say commercials are just trying to sell us stuff”…

Wow.

2 Likes

You may want to spend some time watching Filipino commercials on YouTube. American commerce culture isn’t quite at Idiocracy level … yet.

I didn’t know one had to know your transportation means before accepting a marriage proposal.
I’m lucky mine was a Benz!
Screenshot_20190310-191630_Google

1 Like

My transportation was my marriage proposal.