Foreign bride info please

Hi All,
I have recently married in The Philoppines. I will be working in Taipei with an ARC,
What is the procedure for bringing my Filippino wife here to live as a housewife? I am British.

[quote=“WolvesMon”]Hi All,
I have recently married in The Philoppines. I will be working in Taipei with an ARC,
What is the procedure for bringing my Filippino wife here to live as a housewife? I am British.[/quote]

If you have a legal job, she will get the joining family residence visa and an ARC. After 4 months, she will get the national health insurance as well.

There’s more information in Forumosa’s Overseas Residency Rights Forum.

What documents do the spouse of an Alien Resident Certificate (ARC) holder need to apply for a resident visas for family reunion in Taiwan ?

1. A marriage certificate .
  2. The original the principal alien’s valid ARC;
  3. A health certificate issued within the past three months

If you need more information, My e-mail address: lukelee85@yahoo.com.tw

Thank you.
How long does this take?

If you have all the documentation standby, from the process of JFRV to ARC will takes approximately two weeks to a month. If you don’t, prepare to put your sneakers on…

If you need further assistance, feel free to contact our office (information below) as we provide these services for expatriates and foreigners in Taiwan. We have people on staff who have gone through similar experiences as you.

If you got married in the Philippines, then the actual process will be longer than 1 month.

First, the marriage certificate must be authenticated by the following agencies:

a) Office of the President
b) Department of Foreign Affairs
c) TECO Manila (prepare a chinese translation)

Then, you need a Clean Criminal Record which also has to be authenticated.

This alone will take you 2 months.

Good luck.

good work MclEAN