Foreign Consultant Status

I’ve come to Taiwan on a visitor’s visa, my main purpose being to continue my study of Chinese; however, I would also like to be able to work as an English teacher while I’m here.

As far as I can tell, I don’t qualify for a work permit/ARC because I don’t have a university degree. I have many job offers for “under the table” kinds of transactions, but I’m here through the front door, and I’d like to stay that way.

I’ve checked into the “Foreign Consultant Status” option proposed on the (legal matters) page, but no one at the police station nor the tax administration seems to know what I’m talking about. I speak Chinese fluently. Can someone help me out here? Where can I get a copy of this “foreign consultant” transaction form?

Thank you,
Duane Johnson